MC Invalid Battery Error Message Should I Worry?

Reaction score
Hi There,

A bit of a newbie on here and I hope everyone is doing fine?

My previous P2V+ was replaced by DJI as it had many faults. Anyway this week DJI sent me a replacement V3 quad (my original was the V2 version so I was well impressed) so I took it out for a flight this afternoon. It flew brilliantly and very smooth, but when I was bringing it in to land I noticed a error message on the app saying MC Invalid Battery the quad itself landed fine and I only noticed the error when it was about one foot off the ground.

Not sure if this is something I need to worry about, is there something I need to do? All my updates are completed and I have done a proper compass calibration before my flight. Just I have read horror stories of it dropping out of the sky etc hence me being a bit concerned.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers
Mark

Reactions: mmee1992
Hi There,

A bit of a newbie on here and I hope everyone is doing fine?

My previous P2V+ was replaced by DJI as it had many faults. Anyway this week DJI sent me a replacement V3 quad (my original was the V2 version so I was well impressed) so I took it out for a flight this afternoon. It flew brilliantly and very smooth, but when I was bringing it in to land I noticed a error message on the app saying MC Invalid Battery the quad itself landed fine and I only noticed the error when it was about one foot off the ground.

Not sure if this is something I need to worry about, is there something I need to do? All my updates are completed and I have done a proper compass calibration before my flight. Just I have read horror stories of it dropping out of the sky etc hence me being a bit concerned.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers
Mark
I had that happen one time too but never again. It didn't do anything funny when it happened. I just happened to glance down at the screen and see the error show up. I would like to know what causes it.

I get this error sometimes, going to start tracking if it shows up with just one battery or both of my batteries.

I have three different batteries and all mine seem to give me this message at least once during flight... I seemed to cant understand why it is doing that with all three batteries. I cleaned the contacts also.. No erractic flights just gives me the warning for a few seconds thengoes away. Any help please

I did two ground station missions around my 5 acre property yesterday, one on each battery with no battery errors. I'm starting to think the errors show up when pushing the Phantom hard. The missions were flown at 4MPH for a total distance of 2500 ft. each flight. Had about 48% charge left on the batteries when I landed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20