Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Somebody else had that same problem and it ended being the cable from The quick install kit. The one inside the remote they changed it and everything was fine,I believe it was only a couple pages back

I'm hoping mine is the same.

Will checked my returned Terminator over and couldn't find anything wrong, he is sending me a new replacement anyway.
I've also got a new Apple cable and will swap to a spare set of coax cables inside the remote just in case. Annoying as the spares they are straight SMC connectors so I'll need to drill it, it currently has right angle SMA's which can come out the holes left by the antenna but they seem hard/expensive to get here in the UK.

Should all be here and good for a test by the end of the week so will give results once I have them.

I'll see if I can find the post for you later, but Jake's real good about just offering you another set if yours are defective

Im probably just reading your message in the wrong light DB, The proper way to do it will be to contact Jake, he will troubleshot with you and find out what the issue is. There are many factors that could be the issue, throwing new cables at people won't fix their issues. The trick will be to find the actual issue, isolate it and confirm it is indeed the problem. Then fix that issue whatever way works best!

Now back to the gents with the issue, you did your own installs right?

Probably a silly question but you double checked the cables inside, the internal cables were not pinched ? Next did you firmly tighten down the clean install cables ? I found personally that using a little wrench I was able to snug them up nice but not over tight. Also make sure that the proper end goes to the antenna and to the remote (simple explanation= one end is male and one is female).

Try a new Apple cable because as was said earlier, they can cause trouble!

Make sure to never turn the remote on without the antenna attached !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also, I'll say it again, make sure that you don't over tighten the connection at the cable connecting to the outside of the R/C. You can over tighten and this will cause the cable to twist inside the controller. Just snug it up. If you are tightening it, pay attention and look closely at the connector. If it's spinning against the outside of the controller then it's twisting the cable inside.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Also, I'll say it again, make sure that you don't over tighten the connection at the cable connecting to the outside of the R/C. You can over tighten and this will cause the cable to twist inside the controller. Just snug it up. If you are tightening it, pay attention and look closely at the connector. If it's spinning against the outside of the controller then it's twisting the cable inside.

Yes !! Very good point !!!

When I do my mods I put a little drop of gorilla glue on the inside so that it can't twist because when I did my very first one on my p3a I had this issue!!

Im waiting to hear back from Maxx UAV to see if i can get a replacement.. If I cant does anyone know where i can get the same type for less they are just basic cables!!! shouldnt be 34 dollars???

Im waiting to hear back from Maxx UAV to see if i can get a replacement.. If I cant does anyone know where i can get the same type for less they are just basic cables!!! shouldnt be 34 dollars???
Cables only are $19.99
DJI Custom Cables - RG178 RP-SMA to MMCX (6.5")

I didn't tighten mine down enough when I installed the first set, and they twisted when screwing the antenna connectors on and off. Tried having the one that was obviously bad repaired, but ended up replacing both. The MaxxRange is working fantastic now.

I added a larger washer on the outside that allowed me to better tighten up the connector against the "chrome" ring to prevent the twisting.

IMG_0485.JPG

Cables only are $19.99

I didn't tighten mine down enough when I installed the first set, and they twisted when screwing the antenna connectors on and off. Tried having the one that was obviously bad repaired, but ended up replacing both. The MaxxRange is working fantastic now.

I added a larger washer on the outside that allowed me to better tighten up the connector against the "chrome" ring to prevent the twisting.

View attachment 56291
Nice work. The twisting I think is the cause of most of the problems.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Why is there a 5.8g ribbon cable in the remote? I've seen it on the left side in videos when they're in there.

Ohhh, ok. Thanks for the blow up. I see that too now. Cool.

I have been reading a lot through this thread and am very tempted to pick up a maxxrange, I am curious though, if I were to purchase it along with a clean install kit, and have the cable connections exposed are there other, smaller (closer to stock size) antenna that can be used in place of the big maxxrange panel? in the case I am planning on only closer range flying and don't want to carry the panel with me?

I have been reading a lot through this thread and am very tempted to pick up a maxxrange, I am curious though, if I were to purchase it along with a clean install kit, and have the cable connections exposed are there other, smaller (closer to stock size) antenna that can be used in place of the big maxxrange panel? in the case I am planning on only closer range flying and don't want to carry the panel with me?
ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna Kit

5dBi Blade Antenna
6dBi Omnidirectional Antenna
10dBi Panel Antenna

Maybe these?

7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)

Ohhh, ok. Thanks for the blow up. I see that too now. Cool.

That's for the dual operator on the inspire 1 remote. They use the same main board but the p3&p4 don't have the 5.8 components / Gps module.

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT