Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Wow spieled a beer on my computer ,so I been out of touch. Been raining a lot here so cant test my Chines panels. I did order the Max range. Should be here soon. Will test both. Maybe this week end.

So what is the consensus..Which one should I be ordering??? lol
This is the whole reason we did this thread for you man, so you can make up your own mind! Obvious it's going to come down to who you're asking. If you ask me I say get the Terminator. Others can chime in and tell you their opinion, I'm not even going to tell you why I chose that one because all my answers are in this thread.

So what is the consensus..Which one should I be ordering??? lol
I think what Db is saying is like why do some people drive Chev and others drive Ford or why I drive a SUV or you may drive a Camaro. It's up to your flying style. If you're looking to backpack into the hills you may not what a large antenna. Look over the thread see which one looks like it fits your style.
And enjoy.

I think the Max range is a little easier to care around. I think it is a little liter. The Terminator may be a little heavier. Not sure about this though. Only have used the Max.

Are you guys, who are using either setup, using a case for your RC? If so, what are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think the Max range is a little easier to care around. I think it is a little liter. The Terminator may be a little heavier. Not sure about this though. Only have used the Max.
The numbers are here in this post early on, but if I remember right, the maxxrange, is twice as heavy as the DBS O2, and the terminator panel is twice as heavy as the maxxrange

Reactions: liketogethigh
The numbers are here in this post early on, but if I remember right, the maxxrange, is twice as heavy as the DBS O2, and the terminator panel is twice as heavy as the maxxrange
With my maxx with amps setup now I have to use the neck sling as after 10-15 minutes it gets a little heavy. If the terminator is twice as heavy as the maxx bathing anyone thinking about that one ought to be prepared to use a table or tripod IMHO which I am not.

Reactions: phxbird57
The single most thing you can do to improve your aim is use a tripod, it makes taking off and landing easier,
If you run into a situation during flying I need to make adjustments in the app you can do that without throwing your aim off and sending it in to rth mode. It may not be for everyone, but everyone should give it a try once

Here's my setup with my diy antenna and tripod for trekking if needed I've had no problems so far and it all fits in my hardcase backpack and the tripod I bungee on
DSC_0013.JPG
I lay the diy between the foam and the back of the case don't know if this would work with terminator or maxx.
DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG
I can even get a helical down the side of drone if needed.

Here's my setup with my diy antenna and tripod for trekking if needed I've had no problems so far and it all fits in my hardcase backpack and the tripod I bungee on View attachment 56412 I lay the diy between the foam and the back of the case don't know if this would work with terminator or maxx.
View attachment 56413
View attachment 56414 I can even get a helical down the side of drone if needed.
I like it and even room for expansion " I can even get a helical down the side of drone if needed" Looks great.

Reactions: dirtybum
Where do we get a mount like that, for tripod ?? When I use the Chines panels I sit in a chair and balance the transmitter on my nee.

Where do we get a mount like that, for tripod ?? When I use the Chines panels I sit in a chair and balance the transmitter on my nee.
There's lots of different booster mounts on the market that you can mount on your tripod with a nut sert screw. Sitting down that low is going to affect your signal distance even in a large line of sight area, my tripod allows me to put the antenna right about chest height which means they can clear any kind of vegetation or topography around me

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I designed and printed mine it's on thingiverse if you have access to a printer.

There's lots of different booster mounts on the market that you can mount on your tripod with a nut sert screw. Sitting down that low is going to affect your signal distance even in a large line of sight area, my tripod allows me to put the antenna right about chest height which means they can clear any kind of vegetation or topography around me
Yea I know I was sitting in the chair and went over 2 miles at 187ft hi. If I could put my panels on a tripod it may work better.

Reactions: dirtybum
Here's my setup with my diy antenna and tripod for trekking if needed I've had no problems so far and it all fits in my hardcase backpack and the tripod I bungee on.
Your putting the antenna where I put my tablet, where's your tablet? Or do you carry it?

Your putting the antenna where I put my tablet, where's your tablet? Or do you carry it?
I'm using my phone at the moment so I just carry it, I'm sure I could find somewhere to put a tablet with abit of modding.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WI.Drone pilot