Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Excellent info thank you for sharing! This is the type of stuff I've been looking for and am curious about. To my knowledge you and B_Squared are the only ones who have done a direct comparison to another aftermarket antenna. Maxwell said he also beat his personal best with the Chinese panels but I'm not sure if his previous best was achieved stock or with some other antenna.

Also, just food for thought, but anyone receiving strange or flaky signal lose in areas where you feel you shouldn't may want to check the internal cables for their clean install kit. I personally was seeing strange behavior and after inspecting the internal wires the one on the right side (if you're looking at the front of the controller) was nearly completely severed. I found it amazing I was even able to fly in the condition it was in, but after a quick replacement it solved my strange signal behavior.

Same thing here - started getting really bad signal loss, opened up the RC and both wires were showing and ready to break.

Same thing here - started getting really bad signal loss, opened up the RC and both wires were showing and ready to break.

I have returned my panel thinking out may be faulty, for a replacement. I was just not getting any better distance or performance than my other RC which is stock. So I'm now going to open up the RC yet again to check the cables, yet again!

Why do you think your cables were nearly bare and ready to break? The clean install kit that I used had thicker, better insulated cables than the oem?

Thx

Why do you think your cables were nearly bare and ready to break? The clean install kit that I used had thicker, better insulated cables than the oem?
The wires are fine, it is where they are soldered to the connector that is fragile.
If I do my other controller I will put some hot glue on them first thing.

Can someone please post the size of those replacement washers? I just broke one of my connections, while taking the Maxx off to install my new amps. I knew this would eventually happen the day I did the initial installation.
I just took the connector to Ace and found one that fit. The brass ones were wide enough to cover the "chrome" ring, and looked good!
If I had to guess, it would say 1\4".

I have returned my panel thinking out may be faulty, for a replacement. I was just not getting any better distance or performance than my other RC which is stock. So I'm now going to open up the RC yet again to check the cables, yet again!

Thx
Under the insulation is the soldering. It appears with any movement during the screwing of the panel and the solder starts slowly to give.

There seems to be a lot of consistency with the junk quality of the cables in the clean install kit by MaxxUAV, I think you guys should share this information and talk about this stuff not only here but also over herehttp://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/834537/
Because I think a lot of people could really benefit from knowing what you're sharing

The wires are fine, it is where they are soldered to the connector that is fragile.
If I do my other controller I will put some hot glue on them first thing.

You know, when I had mine apart I thought of pitting hot glue on the connectors but I couldn't wait the extra 10 minutes to go grab the glue gun!!! Now I going to tear it apart again and check it again and pour some hot glue on it.
By the way I have the A model RC, one of the screw wells broke, like many others have, you think I should bother with fixing it with plast-aid or jb weld or something similar, or just let it be

Thx

There seems to be a lot of consistency with the junk quality of the cables in the clean install kit by MaxxUAV, I think you guys should share this information and talk about this stuff not only here but also over herehttp://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/834537/
Because I think a lot of people could really benefit from knowing what you're sharing

Will do, db.
Do I sense you are not a big fan maxxuav?

Not sure if Maxxuav has a test pilot program or not but if they do I'm not apart of it. I had read good things about the clean install kit they offer on here so I decided to go with them for the small dbs panel as well while they had my controller to perform the clean install. I was satisfied with the customer service and quality of work so I decided to return to them for their evo kit and the MaxxRange panel. I would gladly clarify this for anyone and certainly wouldn't take offense for having to do so.

We don't have a "test pilot program" but I have all my gear on multiple remotes for my birds so if anyone is ever in the area and wants to try something out just shoot me a message !! Hell, I'll even make sure to give you a Canadian beer cause ours are better lol !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: whichAntenna

What internal cables do you recommend DB?
I'm going to open the RC one last time to check things out and pour hot glue on the connectors, so I might as well change cables for a better one that you would recommend.
EVERY time I open the RC one of the screw wells breaks so can't keep doing this.....

Thx

By the way I have the A model RC, one of the screw wells broke, like many others have, you think I should bother with fixing it with plast-aid or jb weld or something similar, or just let it be
I have the B controller, and noticed hairline cracks on just about every post. The second time I was in there, I put some super glue on them. Since then I bought some Plast-Aid to put under the motor mounts on a replacement shell I am getting hydro dipped, but have used it on a couple of non-drone repairs in the meantime. Amazing stuff, and I would recommend using that instead.

I have the B controller, and noticed hairline cracks on just about every post. The second time I was in there, I put some super glue on them. Since then I bought some Plast-Aid to put under the motor mounts on a replacement shell I am getting hydro dipped, but have used it on a couple of non-drone repairs in the meantime. Amazing stuff, and I would recommend using that instead.

Yea, I have plasti-aid already and was going to make a screw well out of it by putting some silicone grease on the screw and create a threaded mold and then stick that around the screw well that broke hence creating a threaded well. What are your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm going to open the RC one last time to check things out and pour hot glue on the connectors, so I might as well change cables
You don't need to order the "kit", just the DJI CUSTOM CABLES will get you what is needed.

Maybe MaxxUAV can provide replacements at a reduced cost? I paid the $20 figuring I screwed up the install. But it seems like this may be a common issue. They may want to consider including the larger washer with the cables as well.

I like the Clean Install concept because I can easily use a variety of other antennas when I don't need the panels. The same cables can be found on eBay for less, but you have to wait weeks to get them from China, and there is little chance of any help from them.

Jake has been very helpful and responsive overall.

You don't need to order the "kit", just the DJI CUSTOM CABLES will get you what is needed.

Maybe MaxxUAV can provide replacements at a reduced cost? I paid the $20 figuring I screwed up the install. But it seems like this may be a common issue. They may want to consider including the larger washer with the cables as well.

I like the Clean Install concept because I can easily use a variety of other antennas when I don't need the panels. The same cables can be found on eBay for less, but you have to wait weeks to get them from China, and there is little chance of any help from them.

Jake has been very helpful and responsive overall.

Jake is a very helpful guy, for sure. Great customer service.
But my question was, instead of using the same cables, are there any better quality cables to use instead?

Reactions: B_Squared
Will do, db.
Do I sense you are not a big fan maxxuav?
Not at all, I think Jake's a great guy and has helped a lot of people. From what I hear he has great customer service, he is also branched out and created MaxxUAV Europe and Canada, I think both of those are going to be a huge success. And I know if you bring this apparent problem to any of their attention and they will help you guys make it right

Not at all, I think Jake's a great guy and has helped a lot of people. From what I hear he has great customer service, he is also branched out and created MaxxUAV Europe and Canada, I think both of those are going to be a huge success. And I know if you bring this apparent problem to any of their attention and they will help you guys make it right

So as far as internal cables, do you recommend any that you consider better?

So as far as internal cables, do you recommend any that you consider better?
I've never own the clean install kit, but I've purchased over a dozen antennas that have come with cables supplied, I have a surplus of them cables lying around and I just use the ones that look the best. I just drill my holes cause honestly once you open these up for install DJI will know it and prob deny any warranty anyhow! I've actually NEVER had a bad signal due to internal issues, but I've read three dozen stories where people have and a lot seems to revolve around the clean install kit. Then you guys bring this up. Hopefully this helps a few members that youve brought to the front

I've never own the clean install kit, but I've purchased over a dozen antennas that have come with cables supplied, I have a surplus of them cables lying around and I just use the ones that look the best. I just drill my holes cause honestly once you open these up for install DJI will know it and prob deny any warranty anyhow! I've actually NEVER had a bad signal due to internal issues, but I've read three dozen stories where people have and a lot seems to revolve around the clean install kit. Then you guys bring this up. Hopefully this helps a few members that youve brought to the front

Already sent email to Jake describing the issues, I'm sure he will take care of it I the future shipments. I will just get bigger washers from hardware store and use hot glue on the internal wires.

Thanks db, hope to come out to your neck of the woods and fly with you. Always looking to scape work, employees drive me crazy ( yea, I know it is a short drive)!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arthurbiss