Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Are they actually made of silver then? Because they look like the toughest cords I've ever seen like where the connectors meet

Yep they have the silver plated copper and silver plated copper covered steel.. and yes they are very high quality

Reactions: dirtybum
View attachment 57967
Unrelated to the controller cable issue, I just got these from Tom at Horizon Midwest. I've used a LOT of different cables but Ive never used Silver cables! They feel/look industrial! Anyone ever seen/used silver before?

I need a couple of these to test !!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: B_Squared
Here's mine. Sitting nicely in my Procraft case. DBS Mods I elite with Maxx Evo kit boosted...

Attachments

• 20160623_235317.jpg
    20160623_235317.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 359
Is really too windy for a distance run on my lunch break today, but I wanted to see what the terminator extreme could do unboosted. I flew in one of my usual paths where I can fly hundred feet for a few miles then I have to go up and over a large powerline. As I dropped back down over the powerline I didn't notice anything on my app but the healthy drones revealed slight signal issues. Went out to 55% turnaround, worked flawless[emoji41]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466797245.143353.jpg

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

View attachment 57967
Unrelated to the controller cable issue, I just got these from Tom at Horizon Midwest. I've used a LOT of different cables but Ive never used Silver cables! They feel/look industrial! Anyone ever seen/used silver before?
How long are those cables DB? Are you controlling away from the tripod now or do you have your remote mounted?

How long are those cables DB? Are you controlling away from the tripod now or do you have your remote mounted?
I mount my remote on the tripod with the antennas, because that's how I'm used to flying. This unboosted flight I just took was with those silver cables.I believe 12 inch cables

Nice!! You think those signal errors were from going up and over and back down while the antenna stayed aimed for the lower altitude?

Nice!! You think those signal errors were from going up and over and back down while the antenna stayed aimed for the lower altitude?
I was just checking the HD and you can see between seven and nine minutes where I went from 100 feet to 270 and I drop back down a little but not much. It looks like the signal errors were actually on the way back not even near that powerline. Like I said watching my phone screen, The bars were 100% so I didn't even notice it until on the report. But all in all pretty good. I'm guessing the maxxrange or T1 would've did the same unboosted! I just find it funny that with these antennas these days you can go 8 miles and back and land with plenty to spare(no stress in other words) in windy conditions you would've never thought of doing a long distance flight six months ago in. I didn't even have this thing loaded down with batteries, didn't want to overload it in the high winds

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
looking to increase my range on my P3P, I don't want to use a tripod, but how much better is the
ITELITE MAXXRANGE ANTENNA, vs the
ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER

Also, on a side note, is there any possibility to install normal antenna's rather then the big antenna plate if I wanna just toy around?

Thanks

looking to increase my range on my P3P, I don't want to use a tripod, but how much better is the

Also, on a side note, is there any possibility to install normal antenna's rather then the big antenna plate if I wanna just toy around?

Thanks

The regular Itelite panel will be a substantial improvement over stock, and the MaxxRange will most likely get you to the limits of your aircraft's batteries before having to do battery mods. If you fly in an area with high interference / obstructions you may want to add boosters to either or to increase penetration. And as with all of our kits they use the industry standard connectors so you will be able to use them boosted or unboosted interchangeably and with different whip antennas for the days you just feel like "toying" around lol ;)

Pm me any questions at all you may have

Thanks

For some ideas of what the different antennas can do in optimal environments, have a peek at the leaderboard ;)

Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Thanks

Maxxrange unboosted or terminator unboosted over dbs-02 boosted IMO[emoji41]
Horizon MaxxRange ITelite Panel antenna P3 Adv & Pro and Inspire
And you can just put some stick/dipole 2.4 antennas on for test work, they wont get you that far though unless you throw some windsurfers on them
7dBi Grey Dual-band dipole 2.4/5.8GHz AC Mode RP-SMA High Gain Omni Antenna USA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak