Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Hey DB .. I'm sure it's in here somewhere, how are these big boys working boosted and unboosted ? Boosted making a huge increase ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey DB .. I'm sure it's in here somewhere, how are these big boys working boosted and unboosted ? Boosted making a huge increase ?

For me boosted I am getting better penetration through trees/houses. and able to fly lower, farther. I'm talking no LOS within 100ft due to trees and houses and staying below the horizon.

[QUOTE="TheLightSpeedz, post: 814417, member:

I want a battery Mod for my P4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app[/QUOTE]
Wait a bit, jake might have a complete plug n play bat mod for the P4 soon, supposedly testing/developing right now

For me boosted I am getting better penetration through trees/houses. and able to fly lower, farther. I'm talking no LOS within 100ft due to trees and houses and staying below the horizon.

Nice ! Thanks Ed !!

Dude, yer not getting off that easy! Go back thru the thread and read some of the amazing results me and Ed have achieved. We put the work in testing, now you put the work in reading! ( start say page 3-4)

Dude, yer not getting off that easy! Go back thru the thread and read some of the amazing results me and Ed have achieved. We put the work in testing, now you put the work in reading! ( start say page 3-4)
db, do you know when Will from horizon comes back from vacation?

hahahahaha. BOSS

Decided to do a maxxrange unboosted test flight in a heavily suburban area.
Big houses all around me & for miles.
I started out about 130' high and lost visual site over the rooftops after 2000 feet let it keep going and it didn't drop a bar until almost a mile! That means I was cutting through house is literally, through walls! Somewhere between 4-5000' it started dropping bars quickly still with solid video feed so I brought it up hundred feet and then I just kept bringing it up until I finally reached 400 feet and 2 miles where I lost signal eventually and let it RTH. First pic is what I see standing behind the controller my field of viewView attachment 53232View attachment 53233View attachment 53234View attachment 53235
Then I had some battery left, so I took it out a few thousand feet and see how far I can drop it down at a local park Signal cutting ,through houses. I was able to take it down about 60 to 80 feetView attachment 53236View attachment 53237
Keep in mind this is 2700 feet away nothing but big houses in between and this is my vantage pointView attachment 53239

Here you go Canada check these posts out, this was the maxxrange unboosted, I did the same test with slightly better results in the exact same area with the terminator panel unboosted.
Ed209 has gotten similar results with his maxxrange unboosted! And I flew my maxxrange boosted
Straight across the tops of houses and through my downtown area and back with perfect signal. I know you don't got time to read all these posts it's pretty long![emoji41]

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Hey Db, I enjoy your posts and have learnt a few new things for my antaenna mod and battery mods. I decided on the maxx and ordered it from Jake.
One thing I noticed in your attachment photo which has got me all messed up due to my **** OCD is the TILTED......... HORIZON! lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here you go Canada check these posts out, this was the maxxrange unboosted, I did the same test with slightly better results in the exact same area with the terminator panel unboosted.
Ed209 has gotten similar results with his maxxrange unboosted! And I flew my maxxrange boosted
Straight across the tops of houses and through my downtown area and back with perfect signal. I know you don't got time to read all these posts it's pretty long![emoji41]

Hey Db, I enjoy your posts and have learnt a few new things for my antaenna mod and battery mods. I decided on the maxx and ordered it from Jake.
One thing I noticed in your attachment photo which has got me all messed up due to my **** OCD is the TILTED......... HORIZON! lol

Which photo Ray, I think I got an answer!

Which photo Ray, I think I got an answer!
I went back and looked at the photo I think you was talking about, Ray, I didn't notice in my original post if I mentioned what aircraft I was flying that with, but if it was my P3P it has a junk camera on it. So the horizon is off on it[emoji41]

I went back and looked at the photo I think you was talking about, Ray, I didn't notice in my original post if I mentioned what aircraft I was flying that with, but if it was my P3P it has a junk camera on it. So the horizon is off on it[emoji41]

I was just messing with you, but I'm sure you have seen the One I am Talking about.
Psst, come closer, I don't want others to hear this.: I really am not in to photography, I just love flying the p3. Don't tell anybody cause I'll start getting all the " p3 is an aerial photography platform" speeches which kicks my touretts into high gear. Yes I have that as well as OCD.

I was just messing with you, but I'm sure you have seen the One I am Talking about.
Psst, come closer, I don't want others to hear this.: I really am not in to photography, I just love flying the p3. Don't tell anybody cause I'll start getting all the " p3 is an aerial photography platform" speeches which kicks my touretts into high gear. Yes I have that as well as OCD.

Ha,ha! Hey Ray, I think all those goodie-two-shoes yer talkin about gave up on following my posts along time ago! The reckless and carefree way that me and the ones who read my stuff fly our
a/c's drove them nuts and their wines and preachin got em nowhere w/ us[emoji41]

Reactions: MasterBlaster
OK so here's the prototype, don't laugh now this one mean *** piece of kit ;)
View attachment 54705 View attachment 54707 View attachment 54708
So this was made with all stuff I had at home already the only thing I had to buy was the sma connectors which I got 5 for about £4.
Warning!! there was an old freest box harmed in the making, but I managed to salvage a 500gb hard drive so it's all good:cool:
Seb Just to give you an idea of how the Big Companies do it. I had a Cisco 6.5Db panel antenna that I cracked open to see how it's done (I would say correctly).with out cutting corners.
View attachment 54740
View attachment 54741

I wanted to add to this discussion but haven't had a chance to add pics until now...

When I bought a 5.8 amp last summer, the Chinese sent me several antennas with the amp, and one of them was this one:

http://s33.postimg.org/5tfy1wzzj/DCP_6998.jpg

http://s33.postimg.org/tuscjv227/DCP_6999.jpg

http://s33.postimg.org/suaxx2vjj/DCP_7000.jpg

View image: DCP 7001

View image: DCP 7003

And it's a pretty good antenna! It might be on par with a windsurfer. It's certainly not as good as an FPVLR or ITELITE, but I think there's potential here. This antenna doesn't seem to exist for the 2.4 freq range and I don't know why. Probably because nobody bothered or thought to make one yet.

Reactions: seb evans
Ha,ha! Hey Ray, I think all those goodie-two-shoes yer talkin about gave up on following my posts along time ago! The reckless and carefree way that me and the ones who read my stuff fly our
a/c's drove them nuts and their wines and preachin got em nowhere w/ us[emoji41]

I know the feeling, the self appointed uav safety advisors/inspectors/police just get I my nerves. I can tell you this; the amount of fore thought, planning, emergency planning, scouting the flight path for days, knowing where all the obstacles are, the height of almost every tree, cable, using topography maps showing the elevation differences in the flight path, etc etc etc that people like us put in to each flight is probably a lot more than the afore mentioned people do!
And the audacity of some people telling others what and how they should use their phantoms is mind boggling.
I better run as I feel Tourette setting in!
Have fun

Reactions: Ed209

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West