Maximum Altitude 22 Meters?

Reaction score
This is driving me up a wall. Last weekend I flew 3 batteries. I normally have max set to 120 meters. For whatever reason the controller keep resetting it to 22 meters. I would set it to 120 again and sure enough the next time I start it and flew up to about 70 ft I got a Max Alt Limit warning. Software is all up to date, yesterday the same dam thing happened and I had to go back and type in 120. This happens when Geo Fencing is on or off. I'm in Yellow Zone about 15 miles outside of Philly PA.

Any ideas what would cause the controller to go back to 22? Once I reset it I have don't have any issues until the next time I start the App. I was switching back and forth between DJI and Litchi

Was DJI GO connected to your Phantom at the time? That setting is stored on your Phantom, so it will only be saved when changing it while connected.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Was DJI GO connected to your Phantom at the time? That setting is stored on your Phantom, so it will only be saved when changing it while connected.

Yes, that what was driving me nuts. It happened 6 times over the weekend and yesterday. Trying to figure out why is goes back to 22 meters. Its never a number I have put it. Two weeks ago in the desert mountain outside of Vegas I had it set to 300 so I could fly up a ridge, no issues at all.

Are you able to reproduce this issue? Try changing the setting in DJI GO, shut down your Phantom, restart your mobile device, connect to your Phantom again and see if the setting persists.

Are you able to reproduce this issue? Try changing the setting in DJI GO, shut down your Phantom, restart your mobile device, connect to your Phantom again and see if the setting persists.

Thats the issue, it does. This was over the weekend when I flew 4 different times and then again yesterday. After the 2nd flight I shut down everything. Turned everything back on and saw it was once again at 22. Moved it to 120, flew and went home. The next day I went thru the same thing again. On Tuesday I decided to start from scratch and reload everything (software). I even cleared my flight paths and once again manually set the vert to 120. Yesterday I went back out and its back to 22. Its not a big deal to go back and change it but I shouldn't have to. I have a couple flights this coming weekend, will see what happens. I'm out of ideas......

Reactions: star 1
It would be helpful if you could figure out the exact combination that causes it to be reset. For example, does it stay set as long as you don't open Litchi? If so, perhaps the issue is being caused by something in Litchi.

It would be helpful if you could figure out the exact combination that causes it to be reset. For example, does it stay set as long as you don't open Litchi? If so, perhaps the issue is being caused by something in Litchi.

Thanks, I'll go over it this weekend

I turned off the max height because I don't have a need for it, have you ever tried that? It may reset everything to normal and then you can go back and put in what you want. Just a thought :)

Well after this weekend I am completely perplexed. Instead of maxing out at 22 meters it was maxing out at 66 and 73 meters. I had to continue to change it back to 120. This happened running the DJI App alone, running Litchi alone and having both Apps running at the same time. I flew 5 batteries over the weekend and not once was the 120 meter height kept in the settings when I started a new battery and a new flight. At this point I give up trying to figure out a solution.

I turned off the max height because I don't have a need for it, have you ever tried that? It may reset everything to normal and then you can go back and put in what you want. Just a thought :)

Yea pretty sure you're looking at Max Distance there. If you found a way to turn off max HEIGHT you could sell that knowledge and make some $$$ on the drone underground LOL.

I think you're referring to the max distance.
Yea pretty sure you're looking at Max Distance there. If you found a way to turn off max HEIGHT you could sell that knowledge and make some $$$ on the drone underground LOL.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean if he changes the 120M limit to 500m -
flight limit.jpg
Altitude Limit from Manual.jpg

It won't hurt to set it to 500m and see if it fixes the problem

Please upload one of your TXT flight logs here and post a link back here.

I tried that and everything in between
Nothing like having to add an extra step... You've tried different tablets already? I've got a cheap Ellipsis 10" that I bought for a back up or for friends to use when I bought my 2nd bird and there is a significant difference. Are you running the Mini 4 that you were talking about buying?

Nothing like having to add an extra step... You've tried different tablets already? I've got a cheap Ellipsis 10" that I bought for a back up or for friends to use when I bought my 2nd bird and there is a significant difference. Are you running the Mini 4 that you were talking about buying?

I got the 3 Mini, which works great. I tried my Phone for one flight last weekend and it did the same thing. I'm on the road this week, I'll get to the uploading next week

Reactions: Reed L

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers