Mavic Release Discussion

Hi,

Awesome device. Just wondering if ( one of DJI's ) most common issues they have with previous gimbal/cameras is here with the Mavic also.

Wondering if any of you pro's noticed the tilted horizon in some of the shots. One of the ending sequences seems to be the most obvious but I 'think' it's there in other portions as well

15889669c66dcaf755d7e06b6f3f80d0.jpg

Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes unfortunately I see this as well in some videos. Like my P4

Good catch :)

They all have some gimbal tilt now and then. You'd think this would be something that could be fixed.
After the p3, then p4 and now this... don't count on it ever being resolved. That's three different camera designs with the same issue.

p3, p4 and now this one. all the same tilt. 3 different designs.

Have a look at the approach I took over the thread below not to stray off topic too much here where I kinda gave it a thought.

http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/Gimbal-Tilted-Horizon-DJI-Repair.90827/

Unless they find a way to improve that algorithm, and I believe in the long run they will, I think it's bound to happen.

It's an easy edit to anyone half knowledgeable at basic post prod of footage. Would be interesting to see how the Karma performs with a heavier camera but similar configuration.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Ok I just pre-ordered mine from AMAZON I know by now that I would be buying it sooner or latter. It's a good thing I am divorced other wise I would surely be hearing that most stupid phrase ever said by a woman " what do you need another one of those for" I don't know how many time I used to have to tell her Amazon wouldn't sell it if they didn't think I didn't need it.
Well I think some lucking family member will be getting one of my Phantom 3 for a Christmas present.
Now that I bought the Z3 zoom camera for the inspire 1 how long do you think it will be before they have a zoom camera on a Mavic.

The size, 1080p feedback, range of 4.3k sold me. There seems to be several different package deals I went with the one with 3 batteries/

Last edited:
It kind of depends on specs regarding wind etc if the Phantom is dead or not. Looks like the Mavic is prosumer and the phantom is more pro, at least the Phantom 4 anyway IMO.

My take is the Phantom 4 was DOA anyway...

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
Fellow Canadians, bestbuy.ca has it up for $1349.00 for the controller bundle. It also takes 10% off at checkout, so it ends up being a good $80 less than the $999 USD asking price. I just couldn't resist this thing.

What if your phone has an case.. Will the slider/holder fit??? Thats my concern.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
They'll be selling three versions..

For $749 you get the drone that you fly with your smart phone.
For $999 you get the drone and the controller. (It still can be flown by a smart phone alone if you wish).
For $1299 you get the drone, the controller a spare battery and a case.

Actually, two spare batteries, a car charger extra set of props, a shoulder carrying bag, and a standard charger if I recall correctly... The car charger is a big deal for me for road trips and camping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl