Mavic Release Discussion

Same boat as you. I got a great deal on a P3P about a month ago. I have a hard case already (from my P2) and just got a backpack, an extra battery, and filters just this week....lol. Wife won't be happy if I sold everything to buy another drone after just doing that with my P2 a month ago. Maybe next year for me! For now just going to enjoy what I have.
I would have been in the same boat as you if I had not landed my P3A in some sand.
I still dont know what to tell my wife when the Mavic shows up at the doorstep.

Came back up at the end of the day. It was just panic selling from people who don't understand the realities of the market.

Everyone knows what a GoPro is. They'll sell a good portion of the Karma on name recognition alone, and given that the product does seem fairly well-thought-out, will keep their stock in this range for a bit (provided sales echo this sentiment).

It will be interesting to follow it tomorow

I would have been in the same boat as you if I had not landed my P3A in some sand.
I still dont know what to tell my wife when the Mavic shows up at the doorstep.
LMAO..... "Ummm....I Love You!"

Reactions: johndoedoes
So this camera (other than how wide it goes) is the same quality as the Phantom 4?

Also - anyone have feedback on the Gimble? Looks shaky.

Thanks! although delivery time frame shows up as Oct 25- Nov 2 for this one. Maybe it was pushed back due to the demand.
Did anyone notice that originaly
Better hurry! Only 2 left, there was 17 when I bought mine a 1/2 hour ago. - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZWGS9L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did anyone notice that the original link was "Sold by DJI Official Store" and now it says "Ships from and sold by eDigitalUSA."

Did anyone notice that originaly

Did anyone notice that the original link was "Sold by DJI Official Store" and now it says "Ships from and sold by eDigitalUSA."
two different sellers. I can still see both of them in the list. if you are worried about returns, buy from DJI, B&H or Adorama.

Maybe I will just tell her that I modified the P3A a little bit and stripped its outer shell to make it more compact.

LoL....yeah if only my wife would fall for that one.

So what does this mean to the Phantom line? Will DJI discount them and probably stop with the support eventually? I hope thats not the case.

As I said in the "Karma Thoughts" thread in the P4 discussion room, I'm 100% sold on this Mavic thingy. it has the CA like my P4 but its range is over 4 miles! Being a distance flyer, that is very important to me. And the battery life, another biggy. Yep, if I had to replace my beloved P4 right now, it would definitely be the Mavic.

If I saw a Karma in a store, I'd handle it to see its construction quality, but it surely wouldn't be anywhere in my mind for purchasing it. I'd snatch up the Mavic before some other lucky person could get their filthy paws on it.

27 mph. thats what they said in the engadget review

Thanks crazy, was on pre sales service in the mean time to find out ( long wait ), here's their reply from Robert:
IMG_1475011123.311383.jpg

& b4 correction 10 m/s = 36 km/h not 34

I don't know where you guys keep coming up with 4 miles... DJI says 8 miles...
Mavic Specs
AIRCRAFT
Weight (including battery and propellers) 1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)
1.64 lbs (743 g) (include gimbal cover)
Max Ascent Speed 16.4 ft/s (5 m/s) in Sport mode
Max Descent Speed 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s)
Max Speed 40 mph (65 kph) in Sport mode without wind
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 16404 feet (5000 m)
Max Flight Time 27 minutes (0 wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))
Max Hovering Time 24 minutes (0 wind)
Overall flight time 21 munites ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )
Max Flight Distance 8 mi (13 km, 0 wind)
Operating Temperature 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
GPS Mode GPS / GLONASS

Reactions: Tc3jg
Can't wait for the wife's reaction.:oops:

Why do you need another drone!:eek:

I just can't resist, these things are like bacon!;)
image.jpeg

Amazing product - definitively my next drone!
It also looks like the controller implements the DJI SDK hence within a short while, all kinds of application software will support that drone just like all the others from DJI.
GoPro has a LONG way to go to compete with DJI...

Am I the only one hoping the Mavic was going to be a racing drone?

Can't really justify getting another camera drone. I have a P3P and Inspire already.

Move over GoPro --- This is an amazing product!! Definitively my next drone. As expected, it looks like this controller supports the DJI SDK so it will be just a small matter of a little time until all kinds of applications support this drone. I like the packaging very much. Very small and lightweight. Looks like the camera/gimbal is well protected as well with no landing gears in its sights. Totally amazing design!

Reactions: auen1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT