Man I need a spare SD card!

Reaction score
Today I flew in the morning (Cold) and got some nice pictures and some video of a Coyote although I did not know I was filming it until I got home so it was from 165 feet so just a little guy at the height. This afternoon I went out again to fly a couple packs and forgot my SD card in the card reader. I missed out on some crows and a nice Red tail Hawk soaring.

What is a good SD card these days? I have a 32g Samsung Evo now that I believe is 48bps.

Reactions: Jake1197
Depends on the price you are looking at. THe lexar 128gb micro sd 633x works legit. The card did mess up out of nowhere, but the company replaced it for free. Be aware that there are a lot of fake Micro sd cards on ebay/amazon, so make sure your source is legit in case you need to use the warranty.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-P...7176193&sr=8-6&keywords=lexar+128gb+633x&th=1

Is the one that was replaced ^^^

Reactions: RC Madman
Thanks for the tip. I had no idea that there was a issue with fake SD cards. Man the prices have dropped since I bought mine. I think my 32gb was $60.

What is a good SD card these days? I have a 32g Samsung Evo now that I believe is 48bps.
Everyone needs a few spare cards.
You always want to have extras in the bag in case you leave one in the computer at home.
A bunch of 16GB cards makes more sense than one huge card.
i-cT6fW2b-L.jpg

Everyone needs a few spare cards.
You always want to have extras in the bag in case you leave one in the computer at home.
A bunch of 16GB cards makes more sense than one huge card.
i-cT6fW2b-L.jpg

Now that is a good idea. I have a number of 4,16 and couple 32g cards but none of them are class 10. The only one that is class 10 is the Samsung Evo. Great card for what I was using it for.

Today I flew in the morning (Cold) and got some nice pictures and some video of a Coyote although I did not know I was filming it until I got home so it was from 165 feet so just a little guy at the height. This afternoon I went out again to fly a couple packs and forgot my SD card in the card reader. I missed out on some crows and a nice Red tail Hawk soaring.

Size of the card doesn't matter if your going to leave it home.

Now that is a good idea. I have a number of 4,16 and couple 32g cards but none of them are class 10. The only one that is class 10 is the Samsung Evo. Great card for what I was using it for.
For use in the Phantom, forget the cards that are less than Class 10.
You don't need to have the fastest/most expensive cards as the Phantom doesn't write very fast.
But your cards should meet DJI specs:
Supported SD Card TypesMicro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

look at the b&h website. they usually have very good deals. just make sure you get class 10 or better.

BangGood. Com is great for cards. Never had s problem and the price is great. Make sure you go for the Asia site as the European and American site doesn't have that much choice and some reason it's priced higher

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Lucaxel

Stick with Samsung. ... super reliable and super fast. I run 32 GB Pro + .. should be able to get em local for under 30. Micro Center runs them on sale for $22 ... I'll probably get some more come black friday..

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Stick with Samsung. ... super reliable and super fast. I run 32 GB Pro + .. should be able to get em local for under 30. Micro Center runs them on sale for $22 ... I'll probably get some more come black friday..

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

B&H has the Pro (Not in stock in 32g) for $20.95 free shipping. The 16gb Pro's are $13.99 in stock. Seeing I only have the P3A and film in 1080 I don't need a 32gb unless I film 4-5 battery packs. I think the 16's will do nice but I do plan to either upgrade my camera or get a P4 or Mavic and a larger card may be needed?

For use in the Phantom, forget the cards that are less than Class 10.
You don't need to have the fastest/most expensive cards as the Phantom doesn't write very fast.
But your cards should meet DJI specs:
Supported SD Card TypesMicro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
....It does support 128gb though, or at least the lexar 128gb 633x uhs-1.

Do note that compared to a uhs3 card, the lexar is little slower when taking pictures, but 4k videos works legit on both of them. If you are going to take burst shots, or focus more on the photography aspect of the phantom, then go for a slightly faster card like the Panasonic uhs3 16gb MicroSdHc

Depends on the price you are looking at. THe lexar 128gb micro sd 633x works legit. The card did mess up out of nowhere, but the company replaced it for free. Be aware that there are a lot of fake Micro sd cards on ebay/amazon, so make sure your source is legit in case you need to use the warranty.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-Performance-microSDXC-128GB-Adapter/dp/B012PLSIJ6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1477176193&sr=8-6&keywords=lexar+128gb+633x&th=1

Is the one that was replaced ^^^
I thought 64gb was the limit?

I tape a spare 8g/16g to the controller.
Worse case scenario, take the spare SD out of your iPhone... lol. Some of the androids I mean.

The P3P comes included as standard with a 16gb micro SD,
My new P3P came with a 16gb Panasonic micro SD,
I instantly changed it for one of my SanDisk ultra 64gb, it's doing the job fine,
I keep a couple in a SD card holder in my phantom bag just incase.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31