Air Encoder Error with SD card issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently came back from college and wanted to take the Phantom 4 for a joy flight to see Christmas lights. It’s never done this before, but I received a few warning messages pertaining to poor frequency quality, Air Encoder Error (with restart direction), and gimbal issues with my remote. This was unusual as I’ve never experienced issues like this. I was able to take off with these warnings but did not have control over my gimbal. Did some research and decided to swap the SD card. Switching from SanDisk to Samsung SD fixed the gimbal problem and it flew just like normal. Does anyone know why this is? Very unusual as my Phantom 4 has been nothing but reliable. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6113.png
    IMG_6113.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6112.png
    IMG_6112.png
    275 KB · Views: 35
In your search for a solution, research prior to trying to do an update to correct this.
Very seldom will an update resolve issues that people run into.
Formatting the sd card may help and certainly doesn’t hurt the card.
Fly the p4 from different locations to see if the frequency issue goes away.
Post results and be safe!

Reactions: Phantom's View
After much troubleshooting and contact with DJI, it turns out that the Phantom has reached its full lifecycle. DJI knows there is an issue and refuses to fix it. They essentially told me to buy their new drones as replacement for the Phantom 4

I appreciate the offer. I really like the Phamtom though. I may to to get it fixed here in a local shop.

I just recently downgraded the controller’s firmware and it seems to be working now!! Not sure if this will be a long term solution, but so far I’ve had consistent gimbal connection after the downgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl