Malaysia Phantom Pilot

Hi, I will be visiting Malaysia next month and I am wondering what the regulations for flying my phantom 3 (which im about to order :D ) I will also be visiting Indonesia

Hi ovonel.... where are you from... As I am concern... theres no official regulation for drone flying in Malaysia, avoid no fly zone and sensitive area...

Thanks for the reply. I am from the UK, however I will be staying with a friend in Malacca for a few days, then travel to central Java area of Indonesia to do some hiking. I do not plan to fly my drone in any cities or near people. Just when I am alone in nature away from cars, airports etc..

I have been told by someone that in Malaysia it should be kept below 400ft/120m, no permit for non commercial and less than 7kg in weight

Indonesia I have read is almost the same except 500ft.

I am just looking for confirmation before I arrive

Hello everyone, I am travelling to Malaysia soon and would like to take my Phantom 3 Adv. I am worried about the rules and regulations in Malaysia.

Specifically I will be exiting the airport in Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur. Are there any restrictions on bringing drones in through the airport in Malaysia.

I am worried about getting them confiscated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Dave

Hello every1,

Just got my P3S a month ago, only fly 2 times with the drone so far...
any1 can suggest any good place for drone flying in cheras area?

Thx.

Hi,

Does anyone know the Drone Laws in Malaysia? It doesn't seem clear on whether you need a permit for personal/non-commerical usage.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know the Drone Laws in Malaysia? It doesn't seem clear on whether you need a permit for personal/non-commerical usage.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

It's the standard guidellines you have everywhere else - VLOS, fly during day time only, >5km from airfields, max height 400ft, etc. No special permits required for <2kg aircraft and non commercial operations

AFAIK, only the entire of Putrajaya is classified as no fly zone being the government administrative area - which is unfortunate as the buildings and landscape there are really nice.

Hi, I'm from Indonesia.
Sorry if my reply is kinda out of topic.

I'm currently looking for a pro malaysian and singaporean aerial photographer. I and my team are planning to held an event here. The event is supported by Indonesian government.

Any suggestion about who I should contact? Or maybe it is one of you? Please gimme advice who to discuss with.
Thank you.

Too bad I'm Malaysian ...I would love to go back to Indonesia and film...love it.

Too bad I'm Malaysian ...I would love to go back to Indonesia and film...love it.
Actually there will be video contest too...
Do you have information about well known malaysian drone photographer?

Actually there will be video contest too...
Do you have information about well known malaysian drone photographer?
lol i'm sorry ..I didn't even read my own post ...it should have read..too bad i'm NOT malaysian...

Hi,
Does anyone have any problems carrying the Phantom 4 through Malaysian airport KLIA for international flights?

Hi,
Does anyone have any problems carrying the Phantom 4 through Malaysian airport KLIA for international flights?

I didn't face any issues at both airports (KLIA and KLIA2) flying domestic or international so far. However suggest to deplete the batteries just in case. Oh and also make sure your carrying case isn't too bulky - I use the standard hard shell backpack.

Also, I'd read more on your destination country's views on carrying drones back.

Hope this helps

I didn't face any issues at both airports (KLIA and KLIA2) flying domestic or international so far. However suggest to deplete the batteries just in case. Oh and also make sure your carrying case isn't too bulky - I use the standard hard shell backpack.

Also, I'd read more on your destination country's views on carrying drones back.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply...
I will be travelling from KLIA2 to Denpasar Bali in September 2017 and I plan on bringing my p4p along to shoot some beautiful scenes.
Deplete batteries to 30% and normal hard shell case that fits the grey silver foam box exactly. So it isnt too bulky.
Will be hand carrying.

Looks like I'm good to go!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.