Malaysia Phantom Pilot

Headed to Malaysia for the Xmas break. Will be in KL (Kota Kemuning) for the xmas week and down south in Johor for the following weeks. Any flyers hereabouts and wanna meet up to fly?

PM Elwin (see a few before). We have a Group call "KL Drone Outings". We keep in touch via Messenger.

Normally, the arrangement is ad-hoc basis. One guy will post when and where they will fly. Those interested will join the meet up. Usually they will post the pictures on the messenger.

In addition, we help each other out with our problem.

RJay, I use it for leisure and a bit of photography only.

No racing. BTW, how do you race?

I use my P3A for photography and video, not for racing. Ive watch youtube video about drone racing and they use diffrent type drone for that. I also have syma x5w... thats my first drone that I fly. Now I fly more with DJI...

I have no plans for North trip at the moment, but lets see how it goes. I might just decide to drive up.
As for parts, I am avoiding buying them in Malaysia at the moment; local pricing is ridiculous. I'm getting my parts and accessories from US. Even with the high exchange rate it is still cheaper than Malaysia.

Hi, any malaysian drone pilot have installed dji go app ver 2.5. From the global discussion, they mentioned about NFZ @ No Fly Zone in the map in this version. Are there such zone in our country....

Reactions: Keith700
Hi guys,

I am new P3 Pilot from Ipoh. Got it for nearly 1 month now and have not got the time to fly it yet.

Looking forward to sharing experience with fellow Malaysians

Hi, any malaysian drone pilot have installed dji go app ver 2.5. From the global discussion, they mentioned about NFZ @ No Fly Zone in the map in this version. Are there such zone in our country....

NFZ are usually near airport. Easy way to find out is to try to take off. If cannot, then NFZ.. LOL

or polis say hello to you.

NFZ are usually near airport. Easy way to find out is to try to take off. If cannot, then NFZ.. LOL

or polis say hello to you.

For shure, airport are NFZ. There are complaint from forum members.... the cannot take off in their home compound because nearby NFZ. So far I havent update Dji Go to 2.5, and no NFZ detected in the apps

Reactions: jarance
I have updated to 2.5 before leaving Malaysia a week ago. I was down south so I didn't see any issues then. An easy way to check if KLIA or Subang is in NFZ is to use the GoApp. Open the app and switch to map view (bottom right box). Once map view is up, swipe and move the map to airport area. If you see a red circle, then it is tagged as NFZ. I checked this here in Lagos (Nigeria) and can see that Lagos Airport has the NFZ circle.

Sorry guys but my xmas trip back in Malaysia was too short to catch up with any pilots. Hope to do better in June when I head back again. One thing I learnt was never fly after a bout of alcohol on Xmas night. Crashed my drone on my cuzs pine tree and broke 2 blades. Thank god for $15 spares which I had in the bag.

Sorry guys but my xmas trip back in Malaysia was too short to catch up with any pilots. Hope to do better in June when I head back again. One thing I learnt was never fly after a bout of alcohol on Xmas night. Crashed my drone on my cuzs pine tree and broke 2 blades. Thank god for $15 spares which I had in the bag.

yeah, it seem like pine tree suddenly grow and grab your drone,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj