Malaysia Phantom Pilot

Reaction score
Hello there,

Any Malaysian Phantom Pilot here. Let meet up for exchange of ideas, mod and flying experience. newbie for Phantom 2.

I am located in Klang and wish to meet fellow phantom owner.

Own P2 Vision with some simple mod. here is what I have.

Presently facing some problem with my P2V. My satellite and battery status is NOT showing on the DJI Vision app.

Suspect it is either the motherboard or the camera itself. Need some pointer from the expert here.

If you aren't getting data like sats power off the quad then try pulling the white cable out of the camera and push it back in firmly it should click, I've seen a few posts on here with the same issue. Also check your camera firmware is up to date

Read my guide here

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32984

Oh and I have the same bag pack as you

crash1sttime said:
If you aren't getting data like sats power off the quad then try pulling the white cable out of the camera and push it back in firmly it should click, I've seen a few posts on here with the same issue. Also check your camera firmware is up to date

Read my guide here

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32984

Oh and I have the same bag pack as you

Thanks crash1sttime for the advise. Yes the camera plug is in firmly.

I can see the video on DJI app and I can tilt the camera via the FPV. Only the sat, telemetry and battery is not showing. SD Card and Wifi Signal is OK.

Have also check the continuity for the cable from the plug to the connector on the motherboard. All seem OK.

Have also done the camera firmware update via the SD card method.

Here is a screen shot of my FPV.

BTW, the GPS also manage to lock after the warm time.

This is indicate by the Green LEDs slow flashing at the rear end of the propeller arms but status show 0 satellite on FPV.

Missing telemetry data.

I am experiencing the very same issues. Fpv and gimbal control are working. Wifi and sd card icons are lit, but sat indicator, battery indicator, altitude all missing. I have phantoms 2 vision. I have ordered a replacement cable, hopefully this fixes it. was working perfectly until the phantom blew over while attempting to take off in some wind. Very low impact, but the camera became detached and was just dangling by the cable. I opened up the shell and the cable connector is still firmly glued to the board. I have not tested the existing cable.

I had a crash and the camera flew off the dampener. The connector came off at the jack side.

Got the replacement cable for camera but it did not work. :|

My camera cable arrived today and after installing it everything is working well again. If it's not the cable, it could be the camera or the control board. The control board is $70 vs $400 for the camera so if you are trying to repair it yourself I would try the cheaper replacement part first. Or better yet bring it to someone who has another camera to test with. Good luck! Oh, by the way I flew a dozen times without this telemetry data. i would start recording immediately prior to takeoff and use the time stamp as a timer for when it's time to land it.

Eastbayvision said:
My camera cable arrived today and after installing it everything is working well again. If it's not the cable, it could be the camera or the control board. The control board is $70 vs $400 for the camera so if you are trying to repair it yourself I would try the cheaper replacement part first. Or better yet bring it to someone who has another camera to test with. Good luck! Oh, by the way I flew a dozen times without this telemetry data. i would start recording immediately prior to takeoff and use the time stamp as a timer for when it's time to land it.

Thank for the advise. Was thinking in the same line as well. It is either the camera or the motherboard.
problem is finding a fellow phantom owner in Malaysia to try it out the camera before purchasing the part (especially the camera).

Hopefully it is the motherboard itself. Any idea to test available to test the communication between the motherboard on the camera.

Have even test the continuity from the plug to the motherboard when I suspect that the motherboard copper track may have
a micro crack but it not the case.

I have traced the circuit even to the point as shown with the guide from RDCF550 schematic and scan photos of the motherboard.

Hopefully, it might be a software bug.

If you first noticed the missing telemetry after a crash, it's unlikely to be a software issue. Have you tried opening up the camera? Perhaps the board which houses the cable input became damaged? While I am happy that I was able to fix mine with a $12.00 cable, I doubt that I would have gone any further in troubleshooting because all of the necessary functions remain in place. Home lock to get me home when I lose sight of it, I set a timer for the battery and I have never dropped below 7 satellites. While the telemetry and setting waypoints are all cool features, they really arent needed for anything, and the battery meter has caused quite a few people to lose their phantoms to the bottom of the sea.

Can't remember when I lost the status reading on the FPV after the crash. Could not check as the camera was not working
when the camera cable was damage. I only notice it after I install my new gimbal and when my new camera cable arrived.

Initially I thought it was the gimbal that is causing the issue but when I revert to the original, the same problem still occurs.

IIRC, I did hook the quad to the internet and it was updated. So I am not sure whether it is a software issue or a hardware issue.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. I think I will order the motherboard first. If that does not work, will
upgrade the camera to a GoPro camera instead..

Pilot Error.. Crashed and flipped the drone while trying to fly in enclosed 3 walls. Wind was causing a turbulence at the 3 walls.
Luckily it land on the glass roof. A few away to the left, it could gone for a swim in a swimming pool below.

Back to the topic again. Any phantom owner in Malaysia especially around KL, Klang area want to meet up.

Where do you guys usually fly?

youm, thank for the interest in meeting up. Unfortunately, I cant seem to get to know others.

hi guys,

just got my P3 few days ago... interested in the meet up.

do lemme know the details for meet up ya.

Hai Edwin,

congrat on your P3. How is the feeling. From the review, it look good. So far what many flights have you done with your P3?

I am from Klang and we are close to each other. btw, where do you fly your quad?

Reactions: edwinnwh
Hai Edwin,

congrat on your P3. How is the feeling. From the review, it look good. So far what many flights have you done with your P3?

I am from Klang and we are close to each other. btw, where do you fly your quad?

Hi Jarance,

So far, just 2 flights... hoping to clock in more flight time. I usually fly around PJ area... yesterday I was at the padang behind A&W State. Picture as below : -

Attachments

• DJI_0012-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0012-Edit.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 653
Hi, good to know that there are Malaysian phantom pilot here. I am Rjay from Kuala Kangsar, Perak. I pilot P3 Advanced. Well lets fly....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4