Lots of questions

Reaction score
I've been going to the fairgrounds to fly a Litchi mission the past couple weeks with very few problems. The last time and this time I get compass errors, calibrating fails, says not enough satellites when it's locked onto 11. One time it said firmware unstable or something like that, strong magnetic interference.
I was able to calibrate the compass but the bird flew about a foot off the ground and kept fling to the left, all the while it said it was 8 feet off the ground and climbing. it even tried to auto land while flying to the left.
I kept moving to different spots around the fair grounds and was about to give up when it started acting normal.
Flew the mission perfect.
So now I want to download the DAT file but my PC don't see it. Do I need some sort of driver or something. I followed the direction, simple enough, but it's a no go.
I'd like to know what happened and share the file for others to interpret

So now I want to download the DAT file but my PC don't see it. Do I need some sort of driver or something. I followed the direction, simple enough, but it's a no go.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

From your description, I would suspect the location you were attempting to launch from.
Was it reinforced concrete or were you close to a lot of steel?

I've been going to the fairgrounds to fly a Litchi mission the past couple weeks with very few problems. The last time and this time I get compass errors, calibrating fails, says not enough satellites when it's locked onto 11. One time it said firmware unstable or something like that, strong magnetic interference.
I was able to calibrate the compass but the bird flew about a foot off the ground and kept fling to the left, all the while it said it was 8 feet off the ground and climbing. it even tried to auto land while flying to the left.
I kept moving to different spots around the fair grounds and was about to give up when it started acting normal.
Flew the mission perfect.
You say your "PC don't see it." Where are you looking? There is a .dat file stored on your AC and a flight record (.txt) file on your mobile device.

1st off thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For what ever reason yesterdays 5/2 flight isn't on my phone. 4/30 is the last log recorded from either DJI GO and Litchi.
After reading Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer, there where several possible problems Large drainage pipes, near by transformer with overhead power lines, pavement, buildings. Didn't know it was so sensitive.
I get an error when trying to upload to the web site the csv file

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-30_[19-07-41].txt
    92.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
The upload of the .csv file has came up a couple of times, I assume this forum is not going to allow that type of file, I need to check.

The link will,
DJI Flight Log Viewer

Rod

1st off thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For what ever reason yesterdays 5/2 flight isn't on my phone. 4/30 is the last log recorded from either DJI GO and Litchi.
After reading Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer, there where several possible problems Large drainage pipes, near by transformer with overhead power lines, pavement, buildings. Didn't know it was so sensitive.
I get an error when trying to upload to the web site the csv file
Your flight data shows a compass error right from the start, which turned into a yaw error later.
This looks exactly like a flight that has been launched from very close to a lot of steel.
Your description of what happened also matches what often happens in those situations.
A compass error is not a fault in the compass and calibrating the compass won't fix it.
The compass error is your perfectly working compass telling you that it has detected a problem with the local magnetic environment.
The correct action is to move the Phantom away from the source of magnetic interference.

Under normal circumstances there should never be any need to calibrate your compass.
But if you do have to, the manual advises you not to do it where there is magnetic interference.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Quite easy to figure out to be honest.

Fair ground = metal

Lots and lots of metal. Haven't looked at the details myself yet so I can't really comment but I guess that may be the problem

Reactions: Hounddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials