Lost Video Black Screen no Errors???

Reaction score
My P3P had the Firmware issue that killed the camera it was fixed I replaced the Camera and it was working fine for over a year!
I put it away after its last flight about 6 Months and now there's no Video just a black screen? the gimble works fine i checked all the connections, it seems like the Controller isn't getting a video feed? the only thing different is the controller battery was Dead (no lights when pressing the power button) when I pulled it out of the Case, it did charge took several hours,. could this issue be in the RC? I cant find anything loose anywhere its not the same as the FW issue I get no errors on the Mobile devices I tried a Pixel and A Ipad its the same on both, I really need to figure this out I was about to sell the P3P and now I cant :( . Thanks

My P3P had the Firmware issue that killed the camera it was fixed I replaced the Camera and it was working fine for over a year!
I put it away after its last flight about 6 Months and now there's no Video just a black screen? the gimble works fine i checked all the connections, it seems like the Controller isn't getting a video feed? the only thing different is the controller battery was Dead (no lights when pressing the power button) when I pulled it out of the Case, it did charge took several hours,. could this issue be in the RC? I cant find anything loose anywhere its not the same as the FW issue I get no errors on the Mobile devices I tried a Pixel and A Ipad its the same on both, I really need to figure this out I was about to sell the P3P and now I cant :( . Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

We’ve heard this same scenario many times. It works perfectly the last time used, is put away for some length of time be it weeks or months, and then no image transmission even though everything else seems to work normally. So many threads have started with, “It worked fine the last time I used it, but after taking it out of storage...”

Sadly, people then often introduce additional variables by changing FW on their AC and/or RC without knowing which FW versions they started with or the impacts of changing FW. That frequently leads to FW mismatches, linking problems, or problems due to overheating which has plagued P3P’s for years.

Very frustrating and it often ends up being a bad gimbal top (main) board component or loss of programming in the NAND memory requiring reflashing. There have also been many problems with the USB board in the RC.

Sounds like you’ve already tried the basics such as different devices and cables. You can try searching for “no image transmission” and “usb board” to find a large number of posts with assorted info and ideas.

A couple of years back, @quaddamage put together a frequently referenced troubleshooting chart (linked below) to which we routinely direct people. Perhaps it will help in your case. My guess is that your LOG_AB file will show modules 8 and 15 as “device not detected.”

Last edited:
another ghost?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj