Lost P4 Pro - disconnected during flight and battery died. Any hope?

My question is: is there ANY hope of finding it?
Going back to your original question. Since the aircraft appeared to be fairly stationary at the last GPS point ( Luckily or unluckily you let off on the elevator) and it was still attempting to critical battery autoland and calculating the decent speed vs remaining battery percentage, by these guesses ( and they are only that ) and assuming the upper level winds were fairly light ( Again an assumption ) the aircraft should have come relatively straight down from that high altitude with approx 6% battery remaining when it reached the tree tops. Again making the assumption that power consumption is linear. It should have landed ( Most likely in the trees) in the approximate area of the red circle below. It looks quite wooded from GE, so good luck if you attempt to locate it.

KML Spot.png

I'll check my Lear jet intakes for it....
No need to check your Learjet. This image, taken at about 1500 feet and 3 miles SW of Jack Garland airport in Ontario, was captured by the P4P in question as an Air Canada Express pilot reached out of the cockpit window to attempt a daring hand catch during the plane's ascent. It's not known at this time if he was successful, and Air Canada Express lost and found has not yet responded to requests for comment.

P4P hand catch.jpg

Even the shadow added was a great and his tie was blowing too and the drones reflections in the sun glasses ! ......Oso you did a great job in photo shop and i sure enjoyed the picture and grab attempt LOL

We all need some humor around PP at times !
Thank you Oso

Last edited:
as an Air Canada Express pilot reached out of the cockpit window to attempt a daring hand catch during the plane's ascent.
Is that Captain Oveur? Obviously it's not Murdock....LOL....;)

Shirley you jest!

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Any luck finding your P4P?

This is why the FAA and Congress just passed the Re-Authorization act. That got rid of the Hobbyist and now makes sure everyone takes a test. Currently its just a written test as many of you know but soon a year or two there will be a flight test. Once that happens all drones like airplanes will have a transponder and then when pilots do stupid s--- like this they will face fines and criminal charges.

This is not a criticism of the owner, nor do I mean any disrespect, but this is another good reason to fly within Line Of Sight. Flying at an altitude of 1500 feet and near restricted airspace is just asking for trouble.

A word of advice. You may or may not have intended to do this but I would certainly suggest that you fly at much closer distances and lower legal altitudes until you become a much more experienced and capable pilot. Your questions suggest that you are fairly new at flying quadcopters and would benefit from more practice.

EDITED TO ADD THIS......
I should have also mentioned that when I first started flying quads a few years ago I was probably the most impatient "pilot" (and I use that word loosely), there ever was. I crashed my first drone a few times and of course I didn't need no stinking manual. I did however learn real fast how important reading the manual really was.

Best of luck in the future.

Bud

I must be reading the log incorrectly. It shows you flying at about 1500 feet for several minutes while about 1.5 miles away and directly in line with the runways at Jack Garland Airport. Did I see that correctly?

Last edited:
Reactions: droningandmore
No need to check your Learjet. This image, taken at about 1500 feet and 3 miles SW of Jack Garland airport in Ontario, was captured by the P4P in question as an Air Canada Express pilot reached out of the cockpit window to attempt a daring hand catch during the plane's ascent. It's not known at this time if he was successful, and Air Canada Express lost and found has not yet responded to requests for comment.

View attachment 103979
This is so funny!

Reactions: Oso
Great photos, and very nicely done.

Bud

View attachment 103979

Reactions: droningandmore
Suggest that when you get a new drone you take time to read, understand, and agree to abide by your local version of FAA rules and regulations. Most flyaway drones reported in this forum seem to happen when the pilot is relying only on instruments and FPV feedback to fly the aircraft. Retaining VLOS has many benefits beyond safety.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl