lost P3A thnks to Litchi

So, after all this speculation about Litchi... I went out today to do a pano and a mission. The mission went well no hiccups and she flew just as I planned - I almost prefer doing waypoint missions... with the confidence that the flight plan is "on board" and loss of signal with just cause her to keep flying the mission. But I digress - On the second flight I tried to do another pano - after my successful pano yesterday went to a more interesting place to try it again. During the pano she started to veer off about 30 ft then over another direction by 30 ft... completed all shots then disconnected... couldn't control her... thankfully I am more experienced now and threw switch to P and brought her home. What is going on with Litchi... I just upgraded and now have had a number of issues...

So, after all this speculation about Litchi... I went out today to do a pano and a mission. The mission went well no hiccups and she flew just as I planned - I almost prefer doing waypoint missions... with the confidence that the flight plan is "on board" and loss of signal with just cause her to keep flying the mission. But I digress - On the second flight I tried to do another pano - after my successful pano yesterday went to a more interesting place to try it again. During the pano she started to veer off about 30 ft then over another direction by 30 ft... completed all shots then disconnected... couldn't control her... thankfully I am more experienced now and threw switch to P and brought her home. What is going on with Litchi... I just upgraded and now have had a number of issues...
Litchi wasn't the cause of the OP's issues.

Upload your flight log, perhaps we can give you an explanation.

Litchi wasn't the cause of the OP's issues.

Upload your flight log, perhaps we can give you an explanation.
That would be great and much welcome - will take care of that tomorrow...

***BIG APOLOGY***

I worked out what happened just now and rather then say nothing and leaving it at that I wanted to
Man up and admit

IT WAS MY FAULT IN THE END

the RTH on litchi was set to 1,634 feet. I did this as a safety feature so it won't crash into any buildings, from what I "thought" the return to home would rise at that height if you pressed the button but didn't think it would happen automatically if battery was low as I thought it would stay at the same height and go home to reserve battery life . Of course this didn't happen on the previous mission as the battery wasn't low. I had no ides the RTH night of 1,634 feet would apply. Like I said

IT WAS MY FAULT 100%

I did send a personal message to litchi apologising as it's only fair and the right thing to do. As for the YouTube video I will edit it as a warning video. I will take off the part where I blamed litchi and instead replace it as a "check your RTH altitude on low battery warning"

I do also apologise to everyone else on this post for taking time and the hard effort you put into helping me solve this and also locating my drone. But I like to apologise as well for my stupidity leading to many hours of everyone on here helping.

I see this as a very valuable lesson learned and dare I say that it turned out well as hopefully this will help out anyone else and prevent them from getting into the same situation. But thank you to everyone on here. Xxx

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
Neon,

Nice mea culpa! You kept your head straight through this whole thread and did not loose it . I have flown close to a hundred Litchi missions and have not had any issues but I also learned things from this thread. Great job using this forum as it was intended...

Oh, I feel you pain. Lost my drone last week, put up flyers and had a call with the drone returned within the hour. I am hoping you get your bird back.

Be careful dissing Litchi :) she's my girl.

NoCo Drones
How did you loose [?] her

Keep reading this talk of gimbal guards and again with this post. If you want to have flyaways then use one! The sonar used by DJI looks done at lower altitudes and if it detects a gimble guard it becomes confused about the elevation! Disabling the mission by clicking P is little help once you drone is confused by what altitude it is at!
False. I have always used one, the people I fly with use one, no fly aways, rock solid hovers at low altitude, Zero issues. Please stop spreading false information.

False. I have always used one, the people I fly with use one, no fly aways, rock solid hovers at low altitude, Zero issues. Please stop spreading false information.
What I have learnt in the RC hobby (not just drones) is that you can't always discount the opinions of others purely based on your own experiences. Several here have sighted gimble guards as causing VPS problems. It seems installation has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Neon Euc
What I have learnt in the RC hobby (not just drones) is that you can't always discount the opinions of others purely based on your own experiences. Several here have sighted gimble guards as causing VPS problems. It seems installation has a lot to do with it.
Okay.

And maybe the size/shape of the guard... Mine is narrow pretty standard for this shape... When I was first looking I found the Polar Pro guard as well but this was much wider.

How did you loose [?] her
That **** X5C is so light, and so powerful, that the only way to get 'er down is to cut the motors entirely. The problem is I keep trying to finesse her down and in this instance, she got too high and too far; I lost connection. Ended up in a neighbors backyard a block away.

Someone point me in the direction of where i can read about what the heck is Litchi? Thanks.
Litichi is a drone controller app, similar to the DJI app, but it allows you to set a way point mission with out flying it first. It has a one time fee of around $25.00. I have used it a couple of times with no issues .
When in doubt hit the RTH button on the controller.

None of those gimbal guard VPS problems caused a flyaway.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic