lost P3A thnks to Litchi

Glad you got it back, but I would not fly that mission in the UK,flying over railway stations,shopping centres, public highways etc. Please heed some of the advice from other posters,find a wide open space and learn how all the functions work.
The Dronecode | UK Civil Aviation Authority
Gives guidance about flying over people and congested areas.
I totally agree where your coming from but sometimes it's hard not to resist doing these videos [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I only use Litchi and with proper setup it works just fine. When creating a route it is very important to check and recheck all the waypoint settings to make sure it will do what you intended.

I've tested this many times and unless my system is flawed the aircraft will ascend if you're below the RTH height but if you are above it already it does NOT descend. It simply returns at that altitude until over the home point and then descends.

Ascend yes descend no. It's basically picking the highest point of the two (current altitude vs RTH altitude) which "should" be safest.
That is correct. I tested it many times since I mostly fly in the mountains and was afraid my DJI would hit a mountain in case of RTH.

I have my RTH set to 150 meters/492 feet and the highest altitude at 450 meters / 1476 feet. If RTH initiates when I'm flying over a 400 meters high mountain peak it would be real bad in case it would immediately start descending down to 150 meters.

Digdat0 thank you... Haha. I found it all because of you said the litchi had the find my drone. So I decided to go back thinking kids will be going to school soon and if they see it first... Well... It's def a bye bye birdie. So I thought maybe it did take off again and landed in a tree. So I went and there it was... On the floor. Not a mark or a scratch. It survived the rain, battery lights up. Won't start it yet tho as I want to let it air dry. But it couldn't have fallen that bad as no damage... Not even the props [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
I had to take a pic quickly hehe

4ee66ac3d0fefc635ff88f343ab53fc4.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is that one of those self balancing unicycles? How do you like it? Recently broke my leg and now have arthritis in knee and I now limp a little and it hurts to walk and im exploring my options.I'm not going to get an electric scooter,it's not to that point yet.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

1) took about 8 attempts to get the way point mission working
2) it is a 6 min flight and it came home no problem
3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
5) saw the bird go down slowly and checked the camera as it had footage
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

I cant upload the file so I will have to copy and paste, so sorry for that
Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

By chance did you also have dji go installed on your pad? Litchi warns that you should either uninstall it or disable it before using their software.

Is that one of those self balancing unicycles? How do you like it? Recently broke my leg and now have arthritis in knee and I now limp a little and it hurts to walk and im exploring my options.I'm not going to get an electric scooter,it's not to that point yet.

Lol.

I've one question: flying in the dark also hard to resist ? Please, respect the country's law.

Healthy drones will show its last known location on a map

Healthy Drones is a great place to see flight track if everything is working correctly in the drone. I recently sent my Phantom 4 back for repair and I had flown 5 flights the last day before sending it back. Four of the five flights showed where I was, the fifth showed that i was in another state and a location I have never been. It sounds to me, that this guy's problem is a hardware defect in the drone.

Healthy Drones is a great place to see flight track if everything is working correctly in the drone. I recently sent my Phantom 4 back for repair and I had flown 5 flights the last day before sending it back. Four of the five flights showed where I was, the fifth showed that i was in another state and a location I have never been. It sounds to me, that this guy's problem is a hardware defect in the drone.
But he found it using this feature... Rejoice!! the mighty Phantom shall fly once again! ( King Arthur voice).

I work nights... hence I usually fly nights... (While you sleep, I film)My latest night flight :

sorry for the loss I been watching all the problems with this app I think I will stick with the original

Sent from my SPH-L720 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It wasn't Litchi errors. These are complicated systems with many moving parts. Litchi is built on the DJI Software Developer's Kit.

Many factors.......... Un digress........

***BIG APOLOGY***

I worked out what happened just now and rather then say nothing and leaving it at that I wanted to
Man up and admit

IT WAS MY FAULT IN THE END

the RTH on litchi was set to 1,634 feet. I did this as a safety feature so it won't crash
This shows how responsible a pilot you are... admitting your error and publically apologizing regarding the Litchi app!
Also very glad to hear that you got your girl back safe and sound!
Thank You for being responsible and "manning up" and admitting your error.

Litchi has a feature showing where it last was on a map .. have you tried it?

• Find My Aircraft: Tap to enter a map screen which will display the last known location of your aircraft.
Please tell me where this is? I have never seen it and would like to know. Using IOS, IPAD Air2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart