lost P3A thnks to Litchi

Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

1) took about 8 attempts to get the way point mission working
2) it is a 6 min flight and it came home no problem
3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
5) saw the bird go down slowly and checked the camera as it had footage
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

I cant upload the file so I will have to copy and paste, so sorry for that
I can't belive with only 5 flights you were using a secondary app. Sorry you lost it, maybe someone will turn it in. If you get another one stick with the DJI app that's a proven winner for a few months then try DJI Ultimate Flight

Reactions: Neon Euc
I can't belive with only 5 flights you were using a secondary app. Sorry you lost it, maybe someone will turn it in. If you get another one stick with the DJI app that's a proven winner for a few months then try DJI Ultimate Flight

User ratings on Play store tell different story about which app is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Not sure what his problem was, but Litchi is great. I prefer it over DJI Go. Lookup Phantom Film School if you want to know more about Litchi. Lawrence is great.
The issue wasn't Litchi related. There was a request in the thread for the OP to change the thread title.

Reactions: hotashes
Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

Not sure if this got posted but did you delete DJI Go or disable it on your tablet before you flew with Litchi? Litchi specifically states that you should do this before using their software.

Why exactly is DJI Ultimate Flight better than Litchi?

It sounds like your bird ran out of battery and RTH was initiated. It went up to 400 meters, which is 1300 feet you saw on your screen,and reached critical low power. This cause it to auto land. It happened to land in a driveway. Remember, RTH height is set in METERS, not feet. This is a major human factors issue that is responsible for many crashes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Can anyone confirm what it is I'm seeing that contradicts the above statement. In the general settings if I change Units to be Imperial the Aircraft Go Home Altitude option is displayed to me in feet. If I choose Metric units the GHA is now shown in meters. I'm not sure how this is so confusing unless there's a glitch in Litchi that still uses the value as Meters regardless? I've not had a flight yet with Litchi but want to clear this up before hand.

Can anyone confirm what it is I'm seeing that contradicts the above statement. In the general settings if I change Units to be Imperial the Aircraft Go Home Altitude option is displayed to me in feet. If I choose Metric units the GHA is now shown in meters. I'm not sure how this is so confusing unless there's a glitch in Litchi that still uses the value as Meters regardless? I've not had a flight yet with Litchi but want to clear this up before hand.
It may be a DJI SDK issue. in the DJI GO app RTH altitude can only be set in metres.

There has been several situations where a feature has had trouble functioning in any mode other then metric. Most of the time in 3rd party setups a developer will take the time to get both imperial and metric to work.

I have IOS and GHA is always metric, clearly stated next to the setting option (in parentheses).

It may be a DJI SDK issue. in the DJI GO app RTH altitude can only be set in metres.

Yes I know about DJI Go's option for this but in Litchi it does change the units you see on the RTH option from metric to feet based on your units of choice. I flipped the option for units and returned to the RTH option to see it changed but hope it's used as shown and not still in metric. Guess I'll have to test it if nobody knows off the bat.

Yes I know about DJI Go's option for this but in Litchi it does change the units you see on the RTH option from metric to feet based on your units of choice. I flipped the option for units and returned to the RTH option to see it changed but hope it's used as shown and not still in metric. Guess I'll have to test it if nobody knows off the bat.
Why not save the anxiety and potential issues and stick with metric for your RTH. The RTH height is arguably the most critical setting.

Is this on android?

Why not save the anxiety and potential issues and stick with metric for your RTH. The RTH height is arguably the most critical setting.

Good point. I'm just an old Imperial guy and try an avoid change to what I'm use to when possible. I agree it's not worth the risk but I might test it and see what I can determine.

Hi this VR App had quite a few issues when I first used it but after 200hrs of flight time tells me that using vr app is that you should always do a lot of testing your self and make sure you always calibrate your drone on every flight before taking to air , the VR App can be overridden by just pull up the DJI App i personally have the VR App and to this day i have had quite a few times that it has disconnected but I have gone to manual mode and always had it in clear sight and brought it back home safely
All these errors can be avoided by having experienced pilot skills remember just to recalibrate every flight and learn all your settings especially altitude and distance must be set correctly and checked before your flight I really hope you find your drone cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor