lost P3A thnks to Litchi

I'm confused. I thought this flight was involved in a climb 1320ft somewhere along the way? Or was that someone else flight?

@Neon Euc could you provide the Litchi log file that you submitted to HealthyDrones? Since it is a .csv file you will need to either 1) change the extension to .txt or 2) include that .csv in a .zip file. The .txt or .zip file can then be attached to a post here by clicking the "Upload a File" button.

Reactions: Neon Euc
@Neon Euc could you provide the Litchi log file that you submitted to HealthyDrones? Since it is a .csv file you will need to either 1) change the extension to .txt or 2) include that .csv in a .zip file. The .txt or .zip file can then be attached to a post here by clicking the "Upload a File" button.

He already did. It is a few pages back HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Neon Euc Do you have Windsurfer antenna boosters? If not get some. You should be able to keep RC and Video signal out to 4,500-6,000 feet or more. I would only get 1,800-2,000 feet and now I get 6,000+ with video and have not tested max range of RC although it still had full bars when I lost video.

Last edited:
Hi guys. So sorry for all the feet and meters confusion. The fact is it started raising higher then it should. The RTH button was also hit about 5 mins after the video section where I said it was rising. Regardless if it was feet or meters which is my fault I know... But it still went upwards and I have no ides why

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't believe you have identified a Litchi issue in your further investigations. The aircraft climbed as RTH was initiated. Things went pear shaped for you when you flicked the switch out of F mode cancelling the Litchi mission and didn't understand how to bring your AC home manually.

You may derive significant benefit from heading out to a quiet area away from suburbia and practicing flying in GO, getting out a reasonable distance and using your map and controls to fly back.

With respect, your earlier comment that you got confused and couldn't remember which sticks controlled altitude and direction suggests you may want to put litchi, or for that matter any autonomous flights on hold for a little bit while you familiarize yourself with the performance of the AC and develop your skills. When all is well the AC will fly to the last waypoint in a litchi mission however, while rare, you may loose GPS or have other circumstances where you need to take control.
I see what you mean but the part where it started going higher was out if my control, I lost signal but I dine that route many times before. This is the first time it done that

The litchi flight data is corrupt. I see now where he thought the aircraft was a 1300ft+ altitude. I do not spend a great deal of time with the litchi data that there is because for analyzing the litchi lacks SO much missing data details. If litchi app included the missing data details, then it would be able to supply worthy details rather than the guesstimate type of details it does.

That's the HealthyDrones link. I was asking for the .csv he submitted to HealthyDrones. @Neon Euc would it be possible to get the .csv?
Its not letting me for some reason

705196a17808582eb9ad0c837930e2e6.jpg

Its all greyed out

I see what you mean but the part where it started going higher was out if my control, I lost signal but I dine that route many times before. This is the first time it done that

Any chance you can connect to your AC with DJI GO and confirm what your set RTH altitude is?

If it's 400m we have solved the mystery about why the AC climbed. The mission was not running at that point and RTH had been activated.

Correction: When I connected the AC the Litchi saved setting was there.

If anyone is using feet/imperial like I am and you are using go and Litchi be sure to check your settings. It may just be switching between the 2 measurements but it may confuse you if you think you are dealing in feet when it may be meters.

Neon Ecu, is that the highest the AC went in the video? If yes that was 400 feet. At 400m the cars would be tiny.

Correction: When I connected the AC the Litchi saved setting was there.

If anyone is using feet/imperial like I am and you are using go and Litchi be sure to check your settings. It may just be switching between the 2 measurements but it may confuse you if you think you are dealing in feet when it may be meters.

Neon Ecu, is that the highest the AC went in the video? If yes that was 400 feet. At 400m the cars would be tiny.
No doubt Neon will be back to confirm however from his earlier posts the ascent to 1300+ was 5mins after video cut out. HealthyDrones shows 400m being reached with RTH operating.

Reactions: RC Madman
There is nothing mysterious about this flight. Everything happened exactly how it should. OP did so many things wrong I don't know where to start with. From not knowing the basics of how his software and hardware works to the choice of flight location. And then blaming it on software bug on forum and publishing a video still blaming it on software after it was clear it was his fault.

Reactions: matti
I would agree. Highly unlikely to be a Litchi error. There's a great video on Youtube (don't have a link) of a guy doing a 5 mile, one way flight. On his first attempt, Failsafe RTH kicked in and sent it into a mountainside. The pilot readily admits it was his error, not Litchi's, because he failed to turn off Failsafe RTH. EVERY error or problem I've ever had with Litchi (which fortunately have been minor and few) has been MY fault. As with most things, attention to detail is critical.
I believe he also set his RTH altitude too low.

NoCo Drones

Reactions: Pharm
Its not letting me for some reason

705196a17808582eb9ad0c837930e2e6.jpg

Its all greyed out

Looks to me like you're trying to provide the .csv that HealthyDrones has provided. I can get that myself. What I am requesting is the .csv that YOU uploaded to HD. HDs version of that .csv has all the interesting stuff removed.

Reactions: BigAl07
There is nothing mysterious about this flight. Everything happened exactly how it should. OP did so many things wrong I don't know where to start with. From not knowing the basics of how his software and hardware works to the choice of flight location. And then blaming it on software bug on forum and publishing a video still blaming it on software after it was clear it was his fault.
Could you explain how the first flight went smooth with out climbing like it always has done with that mission, only for it to stop then start climbing? Never done that before at all

Could you explain how the first flight went smooth with out climbing like it always has done with that mission, only for it to stop then start climbing? Never done that before at all

Yes I can. In previous flights battery had enough juice to finish the mission, this time it did not. RTH kicked in and with 1300ft set RTH altitude with 36mph wind gusts this is by far the best outcome of that flight.

Edit: there is always a few moments of drone doing nothing before auto-RTH kicks in

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Digdat0 thank you... Haha. I found it all because of you said the litchi had the find my drone. So I decided to go back thinking kids will be going to school soon and if they see it first... Well... It's def a bye bye birdie. So I thought maybe it did take off again and landed in a tree. So I went and there it was... On the floor. Not a mark or a scratch. It survived the rain, battery lights up. Won't start it yet tho as I want to let it air dry. But it couldn't have fallen that bad as no damage... Not even the props [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
I had to take a pic quickly hehe

I missed seeing this the other day, that's terrific man!! So happy you found it!!

Yes I can. In previous flights battery had enough juice to finish the mission, this time it did not. RTH kicked in and with 1300ft set RTH altitude with 36mph wind gusts this is by far the best outcome of that flight.

Edit: there is always a few moments of drone doing nothing before auto-RTH kicks in

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Then I am more then happy to accept that but by then their was enough juice to carry on the mission as it did previously. That's why I am still scratching my head on this one. I decides to re-instsll the app and factory reset the phone just in case it was a glitch. Won't try that mission again until I get a tracking device lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119