Lost my P4

Thank you for mentioning this. Very smart! GSM (2G) is also being fazed out in the US.

Do you feel the device causes any adverse interference being that close/ mounted on the drone?

no interference that i have notice.. been working fine.. I have also just back this item on kickstarter which looks very promising for drone/rc users.

The pebble core supports 3G.. check it out.

@Strat

Clicking the link now. Thank you.

and will you fix my typo in the quoted text please: phased out. Not fazed out. :(

Edit: I had read on tech sites (The Verge etc.) that Pebble was going back to raising money for their next watch design. No one mentioned the Core product which seems like a good idea and an enhanced copy of what the chinese products that you pointed out on eBay.
I want one and just backed them for it. Hope this actually happens.

I've since raised mine from 400' to 200 meters yeah yeah it's over the Guidelines, but in a lost bird scenario, getting control trumps an arbitrary BS guideline as far as I am concerned. And your right too about possibly taking it further away, but I think for the most part height will help and does

You don't care about flying into manned aircraft airspace just because it might save your toy!

You don't care about flying into manned aircraft airspace just because it might save your toy!
Just because the RTH elevation is set to 200m doesn't mean it will ever reach it, unless you have a total Tx failure, and unless you are always flying over level ground, flying over a nearby 250 foot high foothill will still keep you well within a 400 foot AGL Guideline, while flying 200m above your launch point, which is all the aircraft barometer can measure. The RTH height setting knows nothing about AGL, which is the only value that matters to the FAA.

Last edited:
Flying backwards has its own set of problems, which can bite you in the a** literally, as you can't see the power lines, tall trees, tethered advertising balloons, and buildings that are easily seen and avoided while flying forward. I keep having to turn around to "peek" to make sure nothing is coming up along the flight path! The "Big Boy" Itelite will certainly make a difference, but helps less with the FPV, which really needs more power output from the aircraft. However, I got 5.8 miles away with the P4 with just with the DBS-02 with 4.0A boosters on a GL300A remote. Had to turn around only because of the battery, not because of loss of signal!
That's crazy! I'm personally let down by the bigger antenna, when boosted, the downlink side of the amps won't even light the blue light at all, and also when boosted, the smaller antenna goes a little further. I'm wondering if I have a bad antenna, was going to call Jake and see what he thinks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've since lowered it to 100m
But your little jab didn't go unnoticed. So seeing I'm not close to any airports, and because There are Sooo many flights at 600' above our rooftops! (Never happens!) I'm pretty sure your just a joke. Further you'd rather have an unpiloted aircraft flying around then one under control!? As long as it was under some abitrary limit set by politicians?

And you, I'm sure they way you spout rhetoric have NEVER flown above the arbitrary limit? Give me a break, for one, your either lying, or just trolling, so which is it?

So next time you spout your altitude police information, check yourself and realize what your saying. I think 200' above some theoretical safe limit of 400' is pretty arguable as to what is actually more safe, going above said dumb limit to get aircraft under control, or have an uncontrolled bird buzzing around but at your "safe" 400' limit? Completely arguable and above your contentious pay grade to decide for me. Save it for your wife
I might raise it back now....

Last edited:
Flying backwards has its own set of problems, which can bite you in the a** literally, as you can't see the power lines, tall trees, tethered advertising balloons, and buildings that are easily seen and avoided while flying forward. I keep having to turn around to "peek" to make sure nothing is coming up along the flight path! The "Big Boy" Itelite will certainly make a difference, but helps less with the FPV, which really needs more power output from the aircraft. However, I got 5.8 miles away with the P4 with just with the DBS-02 with 4.0A boosters on a GL300A remote. Had to turn around only because of the battery, not because of loss of signal!
I meant that's crazy distance guy! Jees, I'd be thrilled to get that out here, of course we have to watch out for the police here who would say we are flying our "toys" not in the spirit of the FAA guidelines and should be shunned! Lmao but dang bro, that's serious legroom man!
You're in the other thread so you know I've got the Hawking's Jerimiah suggested. I've got some expensive cable and some nice whips (lmr-240) that are 6' long with the right connectors on them for one last shot as true long distance. (Of course I can't use them in the tv room, that's not suggested use according to FAA guidelines) but I'm more worried about the FCC this time lol

I meant that's crazy distance guy! Jees, I'd be thrilled to get that out here, of course we have to watch out for the police here who would say we are flying our "toys" not in the spirit of the FAA guidelines and should be shunned! Lmao but dang bro, that's serious legroom man!
You're in the other thread so you know I've got the Hawking's Jerimiah suggested. I've got some expensive cable and some nice whips (lmr-240) that are 6' long with the right connectors on them for one last shot as true long distance. (Of course I can't use them in the tv room, that's not suggested use according to FAA guidelines) but I'm more worried about the FCC this time lol
Eagerly awaiting your results. A rooftop setup to be able to fly from indoors is next for me, after I get the exterior car setup working. Waiting on the magnetic L-com antennas to come back in stock.

This is why I have given up on buying DJIs. Watching them fly over the tree tops, out of control: not fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31