Lost my P4

Reaction score
i am absolutely gutted. Just lost my P4. Only had it a couple of weeks but had some fantastic flights. Tonight or 1 hour ago took it for a flight 7 minutes into the flight Rc warning 'Lost Signal' video went grey. I pressed RTH but nothing. Tried to bring her back manually but no response. Please can someone advise me how to download the log to ascertain what may have happened, I have played back the video and everything was fine no obstacles whatsoever, 78% battery life with RC fully charged. Any ideas anyone please.

Reactions: mrfixit071
i am absolutely gutted. Just lost my P4. Only had it a couple of weeks but had some fantastic flights. Tonight or 1 hour ago took it for a flight 7 minutes into the flight Rc warning 'Lost Signal' video went grey. I pressed RTH but nothing. Tried to bring her back manually but no response. Please can someone advise me how to download the log to ascertain what may have happened, I have played back the video and everything was fine no obstacles whatsoever, 78% battery life with RC fully charged. Any ideas anyone please.
If you are using Android, the log files will be in the DJI / Flight logs directory. They will be .txt files which you will need to convert to csv. Wish I could help with IOS.

Reactions: Benny The Ball
Can't say why you lost control signal, but it sounds like you also lost GPS -- otherwise it would have automatically returned to the Home Point (did you set that?) upon losing the signal. Was it beyond your sight when it happened? Without GPS, I believe a loss of control signal would then initiate an auto-land straight down from it's current position -- wherever that may have been. Maybe a GPS connector came loose.

Rth altitude set 30m. Very good GPS 9 satellites I remember when I checked. It was in sight until I looked down to check the lost signal warning whereupon I immediately pressed RTH - nothing, no response. When I looked back up could not see it. I could see its apparent location on the satellite map in a neighbours garden, went there and searched but could not find it. I have checked the video recording on the DJI editor, everything seemed fine then it just stops. Conditions were perfect it was about 800 ft as the crow flys from me.

I often find that the location can be off a bit. Might not be in your neighbor's garden, but instead out of sight on their house roof. Sounds like it might still be somewhere in that area -- still traveling a block or two until auto-land kicked in. It's rarely an easy search without the help of an actual tracking device on the bird. Could even be in the top canopy of a tree. I wouldn't give up looking for it.

Sorry to hear. Could the battery have been loose and lost connection in flight. Almost sounds like everything just lost power.

Reactions: Jussaguy
If DJI see the log and see a fault will they be sympathetic?
I really hope they will. I've heard they just offer a certain discount on the buy of a new one.
You could sell batteries, case, remote, charger, etc so you can get close to the asking price.
But, what I really hope is they compensate with a new bird and battery.
Good luck.

Also, I wouldnt stop looking for it if you have an estimated landing/crashing point.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I have downloaded the log but they mean nothing to me?
If you are wanting to deal with DJI, it would be to your advantage to have some understanding of what went wrong and the knowledge is useful to all Phantom Pilots to prevent similar occurrences.

Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20