Lost connection when phantom at 12 o'clock

Reaction score
So I was flying my p3a today all was nice but I did get a couple very quick lost signal alerts. It was when my phantom was on top of me.

I usually point the antennas up towards the sky and slightly forward. But I was under 100ft up.. I don't think it should lose connection at that distance regardless of angle right?

The signal to and from the antenna radiates from the sides. Very little if any comes off the ends. Best range is when the antennas are broadside to the P3

Yep I agree.. However I often fly it back and forth.. Should expect a signal disconnect if I'm under 100ft? Also how do I know if it's the transmitter or the lightbridge that loses signal?

If you didn't see it, this diagram from the manual was helpful to me:

upload_2015-6-28_13-1-6.png

I usually try to tilt the controller back a bit when I'm passing overhead (or try to fly by not exactly overhead) to keep that ~45 degree arc toward the Phantom, or extend the antennas straight out if I'm spending a lot of time directly overhead.

On a more general note, read the manual thoroughly and all will be made clear. You can either do as suggested and point the RC more skyward or you can pitch the aerials horizontal which will give you broadside reception.

Got my first disconnect today! After initially thinking I might crap my pants, I remembered the threads here about it. I simply let go of the sticks, took a breath, and when it still didn't come back on, I almost did crap my pants!! It was off for at least 30-45 seconds, but it seemed like half an hour!!! It finally came back on, connected, and I went about my merry way. I'll know later tonight if either of the pants incidents were closer than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I just returned from flying 3 packs down, flew overhead back and forth several times @ 120-300' and never lost signal. On another note it was my test of the Air 2, MUCH better than the Mini 2, less glare, runs way cooler (turn OFF hardware acceleration) easier to see. No sun shield yet, soon, but standing under a tree was fine.

Does anyone know of carbon fiber props are better and if I order them as spares can they be mixed with standard props if I break one?

Does anyone know of carbon fiber props are better and if I order them as spares can they be mixed with standard props if I break one?
1. No carbon fibre props are not better. They just look badass and attract new buyers.
2. You definitely do not want to go mixing props

I got a brief disconnect on Friday after photographing a local stadium for the club. It was only for a couple of seconds and came back on again straight away. It was while it was directly overhead too. I'm not too worried about it as the lightbridge connection when in the distance is amazeballs. So clear!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers