Lost at sea..

Reaction score
..I've lost the bird at sea...it sunk after collision with yachts rigging structure and went down in seconds. Now I have an option of just replacing it with a P3S hoping I can use the old controller or trying to.sell all remaining parts of my PS3 and look for another possibly waterproof? ?? Please give suggestions. ...

Depends really on what you are planning to do with it? If you just fly for fun to get some pics or video you can probably find a used P3 fairly cheap and use your controller. If you are looking for top quality pics and video you might want to upgrade to a P4P which has a much better camera.

hoping I can use the old controller
Yes, you can use your old remote controller. When you get your new Phantom, you'll need to link your remote controller to it like this.

Thank you for the feedabck.....should I take a P4 pr a P3A is the P3S controller still usable ?

The P3S remote controller is only compatible with the P3S.

It really depends on what you plan to do with it. The Mavic is a great choice if you're looking for a more compact drone.

Reactions: mymgb
...is the video quality of the
Mavic same or better ? Another quality of the PS3 was the landing gears for which I was able to catch it instead of landing...would the Mavic have the same fittings ?

If sticking with a Phantom model and you intend to fly a lot over water, you might consider attaching a WaterStrider to prevent it from sinking. Naturally, getting to it in the water would be another matter to solve, and it won't help if you hit the boat rigging. I'm actually expecting delivery of it today because my work can often involve flying over water where an auto-land would be disastrous.

...is the video quality of the
Mavic same or better ? Another quality of the PS3 was the landing gears for which I was able to catch it instead of landing...would the Mavic have the same fittings ?
The P4P has a better camera and the Mavic does not have the landing gear to catch it. Mavic is much easier to pack up and hike with though.

If sticking with a Phantom model and you intend to fly a lot over water, you might consider attaching a WaterStrider to prevent it from sinking. Naturally, getting to it in the water would be another matter to solve, and it won't help if you hit the boat rigging. I'm actually expecting delivery of it today because my work can often involve flying over water where an auto-land would be disastrous.
Let us know how this end up working. Just looks like a lot of additional weight and resistance to wind? Will be interesting to see how your battery life compares with and without the extra hardware, also how it handles in the wind.

Water strider tip --if on water take off full noise or water suction will hold to surface and tip,

They claim this latest version (WaterStrider Pro 2.0) is lighter in weight than the previous model. I have a P2V+, for which they now have a version. I had considered making my own from light-weight plastic bottles (various designs can be found on YouTube), but it seemed all other configurations wound up in the camera view. I'll be sure to test it first in a parking lot at low altitude for stability and battery depletion time.

Water strider tip --if on water take off full noise or water suction will hold to surface and tip,

I notice this new model employs a shallow concave depression on the bottom of the disk-shaped floats, possibly to trap some air under them and prevent that vacuum effect. I don't know if the previous version had that.

...would any of you be interested to buy all accessories of my PS3: hardshell backpack, tge controller with windsurfer, charger plus one car charger, a battery, a set of gimbal filters missing the ND8, smart phone holder a set of props....

You'll probably find more interest if you post those items in the classifieds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel