Ohhhh I'll Fly Away...

I can try it with Litchi when I get home from jury duty. Assuming that the both apps work the same based on the SDK.

The reason I think it could make a difference is that the transition to disconnected state may trigger the RTH. Just a hunch.

GS Pro has an option to "Exit mission when signal lost." I always have that turned off. Intuitively, this tells me that the bird will complete its mission, even with the RC off. Once finished, dollars to doughnuts, the bird will come home.

Map Pilot has the same option implemented in a different way. It has the option for "Connectionless" flight. This is actually new per the latest (or second to latest) update. I have not tried it yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it behaves and will report my findings.

D

GS Pro has an option to "Exit mission when signal lost." I always have that turned off. Intuitively, this tells me that the bird will complete its mission, even with the RC off. Once finished, dollars to doughnuts, the bird will come home.

Map Pilot has the same option implemented in a different way. It has the option for "Connectionless" flight. This is actually new per the latest (or second to latest) update. I have not tried it yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it behaves and will report my findings.

D
I always run Litchi missions so they continue even upon RC disconnect (LOS). I think it’s the only option. I will try later but my bet is that it will hover at end of mission if signal is lost during the mission because the AC probably starts its RTH countdown upon LOS and not EOM (see my post 100 above). I’ll report my findings as well.

Edit: but I believe it will still do a failsafe RTH when battery gets low.

"The bird was up around 7-800' and about 500' out and seconds after the panorama completed I got the "signal lost" error."
Today my greatest fear concerning my PS3 came to fruition: signal loss and ultimately lost the drone. I was out the Cascade Lakes Highway in Oregon near Devil's lake getting some footage of the Cascades. I was using Litchi and had just completed doing a simple panorama. The bird was up around 7-800' and about 500' out and seconds after the panorama completed I got the "signal lost" error. I waited a few seconds for it to reconnect, but never happened. I drove about 1/4 mile down the highway (thinking it was towards the direction the drone was headed) and continued trying to reconnect, but to no avail. Much to my dismay, the action for "signal lost" got switched to "hover". I always keep it to "return to home", but forgot to check it before flight. I know, idiot move. I walked and drove around the area for a good 1/2 hour looking and listening for it, but never saw it come down or even heard it. I even talked to a few people in the area and no one said they saw it come down or heard it in the area. My question is: does Litchi keep any files in the app that might give me a clue as to the bird's last known position prior to signal loss, or should I just chalk it up to experience and move on? TIA for any advice or help.
:(:mad::weary::triumph::cry::unamused:

"The bird was up around 7-800' and about 500' out and seconds after the panorama completed I got the "signal lost" error"

Seriously? Clearly not 107 qualified and contrary to AMA guidelines. Why critique a violation question?

"The bird was up around 7-800' and about 500' out and seconds after the panorama completed I got the "signal lost" error."

"The bird was up around 7-800' and about 500' out and seconds after the panorama completed I got the "signal lost" error"

Seriously? Clearly not 107 qualified and contrary to AMA guidelines. Why critique a violation question?
The key word is guidelines.
If you will look at a topical map, the terrain pretty much prevents any air traffic in the area. Up in the middle of a mountain range.

D
@Harleydude, in the words of the inimitable Ed McMahon, “You are correct, sir!”

I just ran a short test mission with Litchi. Finish action=none; last waypoint some distance from my home point/WP1. I shut the controller off while flying the waypoints and once it reached the last waypoint, it did indeed initiate RTH.

Good to know.

@Harleydude, in the words of the inimitable Ed McMahon, “You are correct, sir!”

I just ran a short test mission with Litchi. Finish action=none; last waypoint some distance from my home point/WP1. I shut the controller off while flying the waypoints and once it reached the last waypoint, it did indeed initiate RTH.

Good to know.

My results were similar...albeit, took me all freakin' day to convey...HA!

Reactions: madmaximum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT