Looking to upgrade my (crashed) P3A

Reaction score
I had the P3A from when it got released and never had any crashes or collusion until now. I miss judged and flew at full speed with the wind into a tree. It destroyed the camera, cracked glass, broken gimbal motor and completely snapped it off, the battery case and the quad frame cracked, bits were flying everywhere. (depressing but at least it went out in style lol) RIP 3PA

Now I am looking at getting either a P4P or a Mavic. I love the portability of the Mavic but I am just a bit worried about the stills quality. The main use will be landscape photography for angles where I cant take my 5d MK4.

I know that the P4P will be much better for me in terms of image quality but it can be a bit of a pain to carry around (especially when you have a DSLR with you) so it would only come along on some trips. So my main thought is (the best camera is the one with you) and I am more likely to have the Mavic with me all the time but my main concern is the image quality. I have spent hours looking through sample footage and there tends to allot of noise, artifacts, vignetting and blurry Sides of the image (not talking about the first flights where pilots didn't realize they had to manually autofocus).

So before I purchases, I would like to see what current P4P pilots think. Also how much better is the p4p compared the p3a in real life. I tried to find information on this but the main comparisons are usually made with the p3p which has a different sensor.

For a side note. I will use a lot of images online but I am just a bit worried about print quality for my best shots. eg 22" x 14". are you in the same boat as me in terms of portability? it is ok if I can drive to the location but I tend to hike to some spots as well.

I got the same question (with a few changes) in the Mavic pilot forum to see what the different opinions are for either side.

Thanx allot in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31