Live streaming via YouTube and interference?

Reaction score
Obviously to live stream via your phone you cant have it in airplane mode, does this cause any interference during flight? I’m so used to always putting my phone or tablet in airplane mode due to constant hearing that if you don’t it could lead to interference, disconnects, etc? Any input is greatly appreciated

jd

Obviously to live stream via your phone you cant have it in airplane mode, does this cause any interference during flight? I’m so used to always putting my phone or tablet in airplane mode due to constant hearing that if you don’t it could lead to interference, disconnects, etc? Any input is greatly appreciated

jd

Well the bad news is, as of my last test, youtube streaming doesnt work, not even RTMP works, at the moment all I can get to work is facebook streaming, which I do a lot of, well not at the moment but when the weather is nice, that said ive never ever had to use airplane mode, I think this is a throwback to the old days of the P2 Vision which used a wifi link and people recommended using airplane mode, I could be wrong though and im sure someone will add a comment about it.

Well the bad news is, as of my last test, youtube streaming doesnt work, not even RTMP works, at the moment all I can get to work is facebook streaming, which I do a lot of, well not at the moment but when the weather is nice, that said ive never ever had to use airplane mode, I think this is a throwback to the old days of the P2 Vision which used a wifi link and people recommended using airplane mode, I could be wrong though and im sure someone will add a comment about it.

jd
Well I have used YouTube RTMP Streaming in both my P4P and M2ED. Both work fine. I never turn my phone to airplane mode when flying and have never had an issue. Including myself, think of all those pilots using their ipads as their screen with 4G enabled. If you want to livestream out in the field, then you'll need a data service enable somehow.

Well I have used YouTube RTMP Streaming in both my P4P and M2ED.

Can you tell me how you got youtube to work, Im just producing a video on the subject and cant get it to work

Will do that for you later. Just out and about at the min.
1612871489807.png

Just as a heads up, this is where most people go wrong so give it a try. Once you have created the stream in YT, go to the stream settings as shown above. When you enter these details into your DJI GO4 app, select RTMP server. When you enter the details it needs to be the stream url, followed by a forward slash, then followed by the stream key. If this doesn't work let me know.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Also bear in mind that most 'streams' can be delayed by up to 30seconds. So when you start streaming don't expect to see the picture straight away. Hope this helps and good luck

Will do that for you later. Just out and about at the min.
Most appreciated mate as I said I’m just doing a video on the subject and would appreciate any tips

View attachment 121429
Just as a heads up, this is where most people go wrong so give it a try. Once you have created the stream in YT, go to the stream settings as shown above. When you enter these details into your DJI GO4 app, select RTMP server. When you enter the details it needs to be the stream url, followed by a forward slash, then followed by the stream key. If this doesn't work let me know.

GO4 and GO dont give you the option to enter the stream key,just the RTMP server address, Ive tried this on IOS and Android.

I have used RTMP in the Go4 app with decent results, you need a good strong wifi signal source. I use my regular phone as a Hotspot, while I use either my Crystalsky, Tablet or dummy phone (no chip, that way I never have to worry about calls or other apps popping up).

I have used RTMP in the Go4 app with decent results, you need a good strong wifi signal source. I use my regular phone as a Hotspot, while I use either my Crystalsky, Tablet or dummy phone (no chip, that way I never have to worry about calls or other apps popping up).

where are you (if you are) entering the stream key ? My app doesn’t ask for it

In the Go4 app, you tap on the 3 dots on the upper righthand corner.
scroll down to "Choose live Streaming Platform" tap on it and you will see Icons for FBLive/Youtube/RTMP
Use the RTMP and enter in the info "Skytech" posted along with your own Youtube ID info.
I used it a few times, but needing a good strong wifi is always an issues when your in the field, causing lag and drops.

scroll down to "Choose live Streaming Platform" tap on it and you will see Icons for FBLive/Youtube/RTMP
Use the RTMP and enter in the info "Skytech" posted along with your own Youtube ID info.
I used it a few times, but needing a good strong wifi is always an issues when your in the field, causing lag and drops.

I know that, but as I’ve said 2 times the app doesn’t

And again, the app just asks for RTMP details it does not ask for stream key

I know that, but as I’ve said 2 times the app doesn’t

And again, the app just asks for RTMP details it does not ask for stream key
Does it ask for the streaming key in the next screen after you enter RTMP details?
Also I thought you could only live live stream on YouTube if you have at least 1000 followers?

Does it ask for the streaming key in the next screen after you enter RTMP details?
Also I thought you could only live live stream on YouTube if you have at least 1000 followers?

No it doesn’t ask for the stream key and yes i have 2k subs on my channel
I’ll do some more testing seems I may be missing something obvious

I wasn't doubting the popularity of your channel...just asking about the YouTube policy.
I have given up on their streaming because I haven't found it to be reliable.
Consider this though....and I use this with my Autel Live Deck. Take the HDMI output from the controller to a HDMI video capture card. This converts it USB. Connect that to a wifi connected laptop, that sees it as a usb webcam. From there you can stream it on any platform...Facebook, zoom, etc.
It might be a little cumbersome with the need for cables, but it works.

I wasn't doubting the popularity of your channel...just asking about the YouTube policy.
I have given up on their streaming because I haven't found it to be reliable.
Consider this though....and I use this with my Autel Live Deck. Take the HDMI output from the controller to a HDMI video capture card. This converts it USB. Connect that to a wifi connected laptop, that sees it as a usb webcam. From there you can stream it on any platform...Facebook, zoom, etc.
It might be a little cumbersome with the need for cables, but it works.

sorry didnt want to come off sounding upset mate

Ive done a video showing the testing, maybe someone has an idea what if anything im doing wrong

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched your video and you are still not doing what I suggested in #6 post!!!!!!!! It seems you are only entering the stream URL. You need to follow that with Stream key. Just follow my post #6.

Watched your video and you are still not doing what I suggested in #6 post!!!!!!!! It seems you are only entering the stream URL. You need to follow that with Stream key. Just follow my post #6.

the video clearly shows and I state several times that the app does not ask for the stream key or give you an option to enter one unless you enter after the stream URL maybe ?

When it says 'Create Custom Live Broadcast', after rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 you need add (to this line... not the next page!) add a forward slash / followed by the 'stream key' as given on your youtube stream setup. So it would look something like this........ rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/9zap-fg0a-bj46-bla bla bla. THEN click next ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic