Confused on Adv/Pro Facebook/youtube live (And live video stream for that matter)

Reaction score
I am VERY lost as to what options are available concerning live streaming to YT/Facebook from a phantom.

One website said you can do it with both Advanced & Professional Phantom 3 as long as you use IOS. Another website said Android will work too, while other said it was only with Professional + android that worked.

Trying to find the right option - I want to stream to Facebook Live via their API (So from phantom drone, to laptop somewhere, then to Facebook live). If I HAVE to, I can stream to Youtube live as a private channel, then re-upload to FB live on a delay, but if I could do it easier it would be great.

Please let me know the options because I am looking at getting a new tablet for work, and I want to be able to use it to live stream. Thanks!

To live stream, go to options >> three dots (...) >> Choose Livestreaming Platform. This is available on all DJI drones.

Screenshot_20170922-114239.png Screenshot_20170922-114246.png Screenshot_20170922-114305.png

Will it work BOTH on android and iOS? I've been told that it works 100% fine with IOS but that Android can't run two connections at once (Yet somehow I can do two wifi/cell connections on my S8 just fine).

Does it matter whether it's with a 3 advanced or a 3 pro (Some resources I saw said ONLY the pro does it, other say both do it just fine).

Why would you want to live stream video from a drone. I mean, unless it was a breaking story, why would people want to watch low res video? Just because they can?

Yup. Works on Android. That's what device I use and used to take the screenshots. I don't know why they told you that.
My guess is because IIRC that option is not available when a P3S is connected to the GO app on an Android device. You have a P3P so the option shows for you.
I don't use live streaming, but I recall reading that here multiple times. Can't say I'm 100% confident however.

I could not find the option anywhere on my P3S to do it live.
Welcome to the forum.

The folks in the Standard forum would probably know more, but as far as I know the option is not available when using a P3S with an Android device.
It has to do with the issues that many Android devices have had with accessing the internet via mobile data when their P3S is already connected to their device via WIFI.
Historically this has not been easily possible as many have noted here and on the DJI forum. Perhaps the latest devices are different in that regard?
As I noted earlier, I don't use live streaming but I've seen many people comment about it here wrt P3S and Android so I'm only relaying my understanding.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
It has to do with the issues that many Android devices have had with accessing the internet via mobile data when their P3S is already connected to their device via WIFI.
Ahh. That makes since. Can you assess the internet while connected to P3S WiFi or is it some other kind of connection. My thought was when I was thinking of getting the standard was I could use the controller WiFi if I didn't have access to a network.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20