Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Don't be sorry man. Very entertaining thread all day. It has been a valuable learning lesson for several members and I think sheds a positive light on Litchi. All good things.
Here is a low quality pic of my time line this morning. All of the lighter blue lines is everywhere I walked this morning.

Attachments

• timelinepic.jpg
    timelinepic.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 487
I would like to say that I also have learned alot from this thread also. My search is not over. I have to do family stuff tomorrow along with a major car repair.

I was ready to post the same, that we would probably hear from LostBirdCreekWife when he lost it again.

:(:mad::confused::eek:
Just kidding around Dave. Sorry you could not recover it. It is not from lack of effort. They DO show up later sometimes.

"Hey, boys, whatcha got there?'
"Um..we found a drone Dad. Me an' Clem been winding it up for hours but can't get it to fly!"

"Lemme see that!." "****** boy, a fella's phone number is on here!" WHACK!

"Qww Pa."

Last edited:
Just kidding around Dave. Sorry you ould not recover it. It is not from lack of effort. They DO show up later sometimes.

"Hey, boys, whatcha got there?'
"Um..we found a drone Dad. Me an' Clem been winding it up for hours but cant get it to fly!"

"Lemme see that!." "Dammit boy, a fella's phone number is on here!" WHACK!

"Qww Pa."
LOL. Yes that is almost exactly what my wife and I talked about when I got back empty handed.

A couple of things to consider.
- When there is a LOS, Litchi will not allow the drone to return home, the executing mission continues.
- After 2 mins it had slowly gone only 126 feet. At that rate after about 18 mins it would only get about 1200 feet before the battery died. And that 126 feet was closer than the previous point, so it looks like it was on the way back. But all of this is erroneous if the GPS was not working. I would have thought you would be getting alerts if the GPS was failing.
- If the GPS suddenly kicked in after the LOS, it could have shot off towards the end waypoint but ran out of battery before it got there and landed.
I'd be walking the line to the end point but if you don't know its final heading you don't have much to work with.

It kind of makes sense to me after seeing the flight plan and the terrain. As it looks like it started smacking into tree tops. Which in turn was trying to tip it over. Lost GPS, Phantom flipped itself up again. GPS regained. Then it continued again and again and covering less and less ground until it was hitting lower in the trees which finally stopped it cold.

Don't give up. I bet as soon as you launch your new drone you will find it first time.

Neon Euc

I would run the same mission on the new drone but slow it down so that you can walk with it and watch the flight.

I would run the same mission on the new drone but slow it down so that you can walk with it and watch the flight.
That is very interesting! BUT, raise all altitudes/waypoint to a high higher ....height. Let me run that original mission through EARTH to see what it would take, then send it to Dave.

Here are two missions built from the original mission path. Altitudes have been run through Google earth to maintain terrain follow altitudes.
These two areas have the most chances of where the drone is. Mission speed set to 20mph. The overall altitudes hug the ground at 160ft alt. over any point along the path. As the terrain rises, so does the drone. As the terrain lowers, the drone will lower never more than 160ft alt. in relation to the ground. I put the start and end points near driveways where you could park. There is a chance you will be able to maintain video link connection throughout the flights.
Here are the two .csv missions (Right click/save, Open in Hub to view):
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An21osrSVR8YgVs5T2-rP2TLhYBN
Here are the .kml files to view in Google Earth:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An21osrSVR8YgV65IUK9vCPGOM1a

Last edited:
Here are two missions built from the original mission path. Altitudes have been run through Google earth to maintain terrain follow altitudes.
These two areas have the most chances of where the drone is. Mission speed set to 20mph. The overall altitudes hug the ground at 160ft alt. over any point along the path. As the terrain rises, so does the drone. As the terrain lowers, the drone will lower never more than 160ft alt. in relation to the ground. I put the start and end points near driveways where you could park. There is a chance you will be able to maintain video link connection throughout the flights.
Here are the two .csv missions (Right click/save, Open in Hub to view):
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An21osrSVR8YgVs5T2-rP2TLhYBN
Here are the .kml files to view in Google Earth:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An21osrSVR8YgV65IUK9vCPGOM1a
Thank you for doing this. I have downloaded the missions.--Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member