Linking two controllers to same AC?

Reaction score
Purchashed P3A, Controller, 2nd controller, all separately. Have linked controller #1 successfully. If I were to also link controller #2, would controller #1 remain linked? Hope this doesn't sound too confusing. Thank you for any replies.

It won't. You can only link 1 controller at a time. Only those drones with Ocusync allows you to connect 2 controllers at the same time.

Reactions: go-ahead-doubledown
I haveva p4p+, so if i get a 2nd controller without the built in screen can i link it and have both linked? I will only fly 1 at a time just wondering if you had to link controller each time you switch?

Unless you have the P4P v2.0 (not the same as the P4P+), you can only have 1 controller at a time. You will have to link the controller each time you switch.

Unless you have the P4P v2.0 (not the same as the P4P+), you can only have 1 controller at a time
Run across any documentation/video that explains how to do this with the P4P V2 and only use one remote controller at a time?

Run across any documentation/video that explains how to do this with the P4P V2 and only use one remote controller at a time?
@skymonkey has a V2.0 and has a + and standard controller, both working at the same time, or so he says. Sadly I only have 1 controller and have not tried this out.

Reactions: skymonkey
Two RC for one Drone?
I have the p4p+ v2 which comes withe GL300K CS ( built in screen). Since i was not able to install other apps I purchased the GL300L. You can link the 300L as secondary CS and use both at same time, kind of like a car with two steering wheels. I guess it’s good if you want to give flying lessons using your own drone. BUT, if you make the 300L the primary CS the 300K becomes unlinked and useless. The only way to be able to use both simultaneously is to keep the 300K as the primary controller. I don’t know if you can have two GL300K’s linked to same bird.
Two RC for one Drone?

You can link the 300L as secondary CS and use both at same time, kind of like a car with two steering wheels. I guess it’s good if you want to give flying lessons using your own drone. BUT, if you make the 300L the primary CS the 300K becomes unlinked and useless. The only way to be able to use both simultaneously is to keep the 300K as the primary controller.
So, the answer is it cannot be done then, right? The members in this thread want to have two remote controllers linked and be able to use either one (one at a time) without relinking.

So, the answer is it cannot be done then, right? The members in this thread want to have two remote controllers linked and be able to use either one (one at a time) without relinking.

I can only speak for the GL300K & GL300L, yes, but ONLY if you make the GL300K the primary one. If you make the GL300L the primary one, the 300K unlink’s automatically. If you have the 300K linked and want to link the 300L you’ll be given the option.
IMG_8425.jpg

The answer for the OP is, it cannot be done, since he does not have the v2.0. Correct.

I can only speak for the GL300K & GL300L, yes, but ONLY if you make the GL300K the primary one. If you make the GL300L the primary one, the 300K unlink’s automatically. If you have the 300K linked and want to link the 300L you’ll be given the option.
So, if the GL300L is the secondary, you can turn it on by itself and operate it as the master controller?

The answer for the OP is, it cannot be done, since he does not have the v2.0. Correct.
Right, I understand the OP has a P3. I'm trying to confirm what you're suggesting can be done with the P4P V2 above.

Reactions: Ansia
On this new controller link-up, The DJI GO 4 did not show the P3 as a listed AC. It did show the P4 but was unable to "Enter Device" Do I need the earlier GO app? Flew it with Litchi - no problems.

On this new controller link-up, The DJI GO 4 did not show the P3 as a listed AC. It did show the P4 but was unable to "Enter Device" Do I need the earlier GO app? Flew it with Litchi - no problems.
Yes. To use with the P3, you need to use the DJI Go app. Although if you downloaded the Go 4 app, you should be able to enter into the settings of the specific AC, although some features will be missing of no AC is connected at the time.

Reactions: go-ahead-doubledown
Thanks, The P3 apparently is not an option with the GO 4. The P3 is not one of the shown aircraft. (Mavic Pro, P4 etc.)
Will download the older version and see what I get.

The P3 is not one of the shown aircraft.
Right. You cannot even view the AC settings with DJI GO 4.

It's okay to have both DJI GO 3 and DJI GO 4 installed on the same mobile device. I'm running both on lots of mobile devices.

So, if the GL300L is the secondary, you can turn it on by itself and operate it as the master controller?

I don’t recall if you can. When I had it configured that way you were only allowed limited setting adjustments, camera only on the secondary (GL300L). If you wanted to access any other setting in the DJI Go 4 app you would need to do from the main controller GL300K. I will link both up sometime this week and get back to you.

Reactions: Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31