Limp camera - gimbal not working

Reaction score
Hi All - I mistakenly started my Phantom 4 pro plus with the gimbal guard in place and left it running while I did something else for about 15 minutes. Now the gimbal doesn't work. The camera hangs down limp, and just twitches a little now and then. I can't control it from the control box, but I still get a video feed.

Any ideas on if/how/who can repair this otherwise perfect drone?

One service I called thought it would need a whole new gimbal/camera assembly for about $700. Yikes!

Oh that dreaded gimble guard,yip can say I have done it,but no damage thankfully,they not the strongest of motors ,,all I can think off hand is to try a gimble calibration,,if that not work it's possible it been overheated and could require another

Thanks for the idea ianz, I tried the gimble calibration; no help.

I think I have to send it to DJI for repairs, unless someone else has any ideas.

HMU in PMs. I repair drones for my company and can give you a good deal on repairing your gimbal. I'm based out of FL

Just to close the loop on this thread I started... I ended up sending it to DJI. They quickly repaired it for around $175 USD. As an unexpected bonus, they also allowed me to purchase their refresh program for future fixes/replacements.

Great DJI experience, overall.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj