Just starting need help

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Took my SE over to Green Lane Park. No WiFi at the park. One of the Rangers said I need a hot spot. Looked into hot spots but I saw some negative reviews on data costs and I don’t want a monthly service. What are my options?

Thanks!

Fly without it. You don’t need wifi to fly. Remember, wifi and internet are not synonymous.

......................reading the manual would be a nice feature as well..

A hot spot is only needed to connect your mobile device to the Internet. That would allow you to do things like download the maps in DJI GO in real-time.

You can connect to the Phantom's Wi-Fi with no Internet connection.

To connect WiFi for aerial flight.
You do not need an internet connection to fly. Wi-Fi, connection for the SE and the Standard are from controller to device.

Where's your quick star guide it shows you how to set up your device wifi
1515711537150-2123754754.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Bottom _________Line have you activated it at home on a home wifi ! Have you really read the manuel ?....Its the first item that i took out of my new drones box after i opened the lid..and folded it back..........Their was a manuel !

Last edited:
You have to link your phone/tablet's WIFI to your drone ..you don't need cellular or hotspot to do so....

when you start your remote... then your drone.... go into WIFI settings of your phone/tablet ( enable it if its not ) and find your drone's signal and connect to it.

This is all explained in the manual..... please.. if you havent done so.... read it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic