'Just in case" battery purchase advice

Reaction score
Based on the uncertainty of continued Phantom 4 production and the challenges I see others having in obtaining parts/batteries, I'm thinking of purchasing some additional batteries (I have 3, all working well). If I do, would it be best to immediately work them into my rotation so that all my batteries are getting some use/being stored storage charge; or to keep the new ones uncharged until needed, then kept at storage charge thereafter?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Absolutely ... into rotation ... if not then ESSENTIAL - maintain storage charge - do not let them drop into excess discharge.

If you do consider long term storage - then its better to have in the 30 - 40% charge range ... but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't slowly drain below 25 - 30%.

Based on the uncertainty of continued Phantom 4 production and the challenges I see others having in obtaining parts/batteries, I'm thinking of purchasing some additional batteries (I have 3, all working well). If I do, would it be best to immediately work them into my rotation so that all my batteries are getting some use/being stored storage charge; or to keep the new ones uncharged until needed, then kept at storage charge thereafter?

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Did the same for my P3's. Found them on sale at Target so I bought 4. I have all of my batteries labeled, including date of purchase and use all of them.

Reactions: drifter106
The problem I see with buying ‘Just in Case’ batteries is that if you crash and then update to a newer AC then you are left with a bunch of orphaned batteries. I have 4 batteries for my P3S - one original and 3 aftermarket. When my flight time starts to significantly decrease, I will replace them as needed. I think there will be P3 and P4 batteries available for awhile yet considering the large number P3’s and P4’s still in use.

Chris

Reactions: drifter106

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31