'Just in case" battery purchase advice

Reaction score
Based on the uncertainty of continued Phantom 4 production and the challenges I see others having in obtaining parts/batteries, I'm thinking of purchasing some additional batteries (I have 3, all working well). If I do, would it be best to immediately work them into my rotation so that all my batteries are getting some use/being stored storage charge; or to keep the new ones uncharged until needed, then kept at storage charge thereafter?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
PhantomHelp.com
Reaction score
Absolutely ... into rotation ... if not then ESSENTIAL - maintain storage charge - do not let them drop into excess discharge.

If you do consider long term storage - then its better to have in the 30 - 40% charge range ... but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't slowly drain below 25 - 30%.

Reaction score
Based on the uncertainty of continued Phantom 4 production and the challenges I see others having in obtaining parts/batteries, I'm thinking of purchasing some additional batteries (I have 3, all working well). If I do, would it be best to immediately work them into my rotation so that all my batteries are getting some use/being stored storage charge; or to keep the new ones uncharged until needed, then kept at storage charge thereafter?

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Did the same for my P3's. Found them on sale at Target so I bought 4. I have all of my batteries labeled, including date of purchase and use all of them.

Reactions: drifter106
Reaction score
The problem I see with buying ‘Just in Case’ batteries is that if you crash and then update to a newer AC then you are left with a bunch of orphaned batteries. I have 4 batteries for my P3S - one original and 3 aftermarket. When my flight time starts to significantly decrease, I will replace them as needed. I think there will be P3 and P4 batteries available for awhile yet considering the large number P3’s and P4’s still in use.

Chris

Reactions: drifter106

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ixf4414