ItElite Modification Honest review --> OK range improvements

All you have shown is that it was a bad investment for you, and you did the installation, so whose fault are the bad results? :rolleyes: I got 5.8 miles of range control on my P4 last night to 51% remaining battery on my DBS-02 mod with boosters attached on a GL300A controller. Without the boosters on the same transmitter mod, I got 12,500 feet. With just a windsurfer and the stock P4 crappy transmitter, I got 6,700 feet. Without the windsurfer, I get 2,500 feet! Those are my results! :D
I've done 15,000' with stock P4 controller using windsurfer. That test had full signal bars the whole flight. That's using ch20 and 4mbps bitrate.

However, I've noticed my P4 can be temperamental, losing full contact with moderate clear view distances that my P3P would be rock solid, 3000 to 4000' range

Reactions: Santiego
Well, Queen, I have to say, my experience was dramatically different then yours. I finally bound the P4 remote back to the bird she came with, it's bone stock, and I even turned the bitrate DOWN to 4mbps, I leave it on 10 or 8, whatever the max is with the Itlite. First, the std remote IS very sensitive and when signal was poor, just a tiny adjustment made it 100% again. The fun was zapped right out of what I have come to expect with the mod. Now I live in a noisy area, won't go into that again, but I could go almost double the distance, with a max bitrate, vs the distance I saw today, this wasn't scientific or anything, just what I noticed, and it was an eye opener for me. Jacob from MaxxUAV send me some stout, and I mean stout upgrades for the cables, which I didn't NEED, they look about 1000 X better, and seem truly heavy duty. But what I had thought, has been confirmed, the mod does indeed make flying way more enjoyable for me, it's so much less fun for me to use the stock one (makes me nervous) that I don't even want to do the real test over water after what I encountered today thru thick trees. Again, when I really tried and pointed the std controller a degree of even less in a better direction, it always came back (signal) where I don't have to worry at all with the modded one. I have to dbl check, but I think I have a 300b, I did and do, so using a GL300b remote with the mod is a better experience vs a GL300C without.
12c1a0d7f86d4bb3e5045ec0dc37ba25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Which Omni directional antennas are those?

Just some rather large 8.5 dbi magnetic omnies. Kind of impractical but I like to fly from inside things. Cars, houses ect. I did order an entire setup from jake tho amps and all. Waiting for the max range. Maybe its out now need to check.

Yeah I have thought about some magnetic ones so I can sit comfy in my truck. I have some Omni's that I have used with and without the giant windsurfers I made to fit them. They work pretty well. I just got the ITELITE DBS-02 antenna and I am eager to try it out. I have several things now that I have amassed so far. I also have windsurfers for stock antennas. Alfa directional ones, some tall Omnis and big windsurfers that came with my 4 watt black amps that have given me mixed results. I also just bought a 300A controller from someone on Craig's List recently. I have too much stuff but now I can find the perfect combo of parts. Then maybe I will experiment with or sell the rest.

Yeah I have thought about some magnetic ones so I can sit comfy in my truck. I have some Omni's that I have used with and without the giant windsurfers I made to fit them. They work pretty well. I just got the ITELITE DBS-02 antenna and I am eager to try it out. I have several things now that I have amassed so far. I also have windsurfers for stock antennas. Alfa directional ones, some tall Omnis and big windsurfers that came with my 4 watt black amps that have given me mixed results. I also just bought a 300A controller from someone on Craig's List recently. I have too much stuff but now I can find the perfect combo of parts. Then maybe I will experiment with or sell the rest.

Here is the link if you want to try them. And a video showing how well they penetrate. I am at 7 miles out one way and still full signal so not really sure how far u can get but that's a long way! L-Com HG2409MGU-NM 2.4 GHz 8.5 dBi Omni Antenna w/ Magnetic Mount 10ft N-Male - Walmart.com

Video

Yeah, I want to do the remote pilot thing. If you are beyond LOS you may as well be in your house or car. :cool:

Here is the link if you want to try them. And a video showing how well they penetrate. I am at 7 miles out one way and still full signal so not really sure how far u can get but that's a long way! L-Com HG2409MGU-NM 2.4 GHz 8.5 dBi Omni Antenna w/ Magnetic Mount 10ft N-Male - Walmart.com

Video
That's incredible, and very discreet! Just ordered a set! :cool:
If necessary, battery permitting, you can just park the quad in the air anywhere, while you drive to an entirely different, safer location for the recovery of the bird, and your escape! :D

My boosted setup from maxxuav.com more than doubled my stock range. I'm not sure how far my range is because I have to turn around because of the battery . Today went out 16,100 from my neighborhood and landed with 32% so I could've gone farther . I had full bars the entire flight. I couldn't be happier with the setup.
ecb9d14c6960a18f1fe6b075568e2856.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Phantom13flyer. I've gone 18000 with my P3A with just wind surfer on. With full signal & on both. Now this was done over flat open ground. I have posted the video here. I will be trying for 20k next.

That's incredible, and very discreet! Just ordered a set! :cool:
If necessary, battery permitting, you can just park the quad in the air anywhere, while you drive to an entirely different, safer location for the recovery of the bird, and your escape! :D
This Jeremiah dude is the real deal bro, he had another post where he's actually walked the walk and flew from inside his house.
I'm thinking of trying this too! But I'm worried about the cabling and connectors all being right and all that. There's a lot involved, I think even Jeremiah went thru some BS to get it all working

No I don't think so. If your flying from inside omnies are the way to go. Complete freedom. And range is better than what you battery is capable of.

So Jeremiah, I know this may be some work for you, but what totally do we need, if say I went the cheaper way and got those less expensive antenna. will those cables connect right to my setup? For the record, I have actual connections from the DBS mod kit, u know, sma connections, I'll dbl check to see if they're the side with the tiny wire, or a hole for the wire. So, say I want to fly in my mancave, I'd need to run enough cable to get down here and be able to sit and move a little, then we also need two antenna right? And that's it? They don't need small power amps or anything? I'll have to search for your older post, where some doeheads hammered on you about bla bla bla, while their flying over country fairs and ppl's heads, I was on your side then. It's just I have to admit, I don't have great distance where I live, and I tried the stock TX the other day, and it sapped the fun away I've grown to appreciate how well the mod works (un amped) vs the stock TXer

I'd like to buy 4 actually and post two on my RZR 900, as that sucker can go anywhere, and I'm taking it to AZ in a few months. To be able to sit in the RZR in the shade (I have two failed back operations, and have blown both knees out since so sitting down makes it more enjoyable and entertaining as I'm not concentrating on how much my **** hurts!!) This also means I don't get to jump and drive the RZR at speeds I've set her up to attain, hurts way too much, usually later, I've taken it out before only to find two days later I couldn't walk for two weeks.
So that's my reason before anybody decides to jump on me because I'm not standing at attention while flying! And then, is there a minimum separation for these antenna? Like a meter maybe?

Reactions: crashburn
So Jeremiah, I know this may be some work for you, but what totally do we need, if say I went the cheaper way and got those less expensive antenna. will those cables connect right to my setup? For the record, I have actual connections from the DBS mod kit, u know, sma connections, I'll dbl check to see if they're the side with the tiny wire, or a hole for the wire. So, say I want to fly in my mancave, I'd need to run enough cable to get down here and be able to sit and move a little, then we also need two antenna right? And that's it? They don't need small power amps or anything? I'll have to search for your older post, where some doeheads hammered on you about bla bla bla, while their flying over country fairs and ppl's heads, I was on your side then. It's just I have to admit, I don't have great distance where I live, and I tried the stock TX the other day, and it sapped the fun away I've grown to appreciate how well the mod works (un amped) vs the stock TXer

Well if you want to fly from your house you need a longer run of antenna extension and good quality cable to minimize signal loss. I used 2 runs of lmr-400. If your remote is already modded all you have to do is hook up the antennas just like you would fpvlr or dbs only its on your roof now. Get the lmr 400 on amazon. You can get any length you need for your application. The shorter the better. 50ft runs with 3watt amps gets me out past 20,000ft in almost all directions. Order with n connector on one end for your antenna then rpsma on the other that will plug directly into your amps or remote. Use any 8.5 to 9dbi 2.4ghz wifi outdoor antenna. Ive got the hawking 9dbi on the house here and they do great. Also, I recommend amps. But you can start without and see how well it does unboosted. If you have any other questions let me know.

Well if you want to fly from your house you need a longer run of antenna extension and good quality cable to minimize signal loss. I used 2 runs of lmr-400. If your remote is already modded all you have to do is hook up the antennas just like you would fpvlr or dbs only its on your roof now. Get the lmr 400 on amazon. You can get any length you need for your application. The shorter the better. 50ft runs with 3watt amps gets me out past 20,000ft in almost all directions. Order with n connector on one end for your antenna then rpsma on the other that will plug directly into your amps or remote. Use any 8.5 to 9dbi 2.4ghz wifi outdoor antenna. Ive got the hawking 9dbi on the house here and they do great. Also, I recommend amps. But you can start without and see how well it does unboosted. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks man, good info here for all those wanting to do this. Ok will do, so say when I get me Sunhans amps, for my "walking" setup, I can put them close to the remote and then use them for both right? That would be ideal. Unless it's the size that makes them so expensive and I can get some that are too big to mount on a controller, but put out serious wattage, and big as a car battery! Then I guess I'd be able to afford them first.

Does anyone know of larger amps that aren't so compact? That are good, better then the smaller 3 watt amps most buy for the DBS or FVLR

yes the cheaper ones should be fine and yes they should plug right in. yeah they did hammer me for this. Ive never flown over a fair. I live on the edge of town so can head out to the country when I fly. Last week I realized that the tesla cars with auto pilot in beta are operational and on roadways NOW! With that in mind I do not see any problem flying a little phantom over the city

Thanks man, good info here for all those wanting to do this. Ok will do, so say when I get me Sunhans amps, for my "walking" setup, I can put them close to the remote and then use them for both right? That would be ideal. Unless it's the size that makes them so expensive and I can get some that are too big to mount on a controller, but put out serious wattage, and big as a car battery! Then I guess I'd be able to afford them first.

Does anyone know of larger amps that aren't so compact? That are good, better then the smaller 3 watt amps most buy for the DBS or FVLR

I forgot one thing. You also need a 4 sets of lmr-240 or two will work if you connect the amps directly to the lmr-400. Use 2 runs of lmr-240 from the amps to the remote as it is smaller and flexable. Mine is setup to where the lmr-400 comes out the wall in my office and plug right into my amps then from the amps to the remote I used 8ft lmr-240 extensions. Those amps they sell are good and I don't know of anything better. I do have one 5watt I use on my video and 3watt on control. Both 5watt did not work for me at the same time. You don't need more power. This set up in my car with 3watts gets me 7 miles on the matrice 100 but need to do some mods to get any further. I think with the lmr 240 u want one end sma and one rpsma. When I ordered I bought several adapters sma to rpsma vise versa. Best to order it right without using any adapters

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl