ItElite Modification Honest review --> OK range improvements

I know...the point is to test the limits and improvement over the stock radio in this video. I wanted to see and test how much better it is- its barely better.

That's fair enough but it's kind of propiatrery that you manually select the channel using a more powerful after market antenna. It would be like swapping your car engine for a jet engine but still running it on standard unleaded fuel, I had some problems with manual CH selection conflicting between Litchi and DJI GO, after I fixed it I just finished a 42k ft round journey 21,000 ft each leg, with RC and video link. Albeit this is with a boosted setup but the problem existed in testing without the amps, just less amplified.

-Amps A/CH 8,000 ft
-Amps M/CH 21,000 ft
-No Amps A/CH 10,000 ft
-No Amps M/CH 14,500 ft

Same flight path same home point using Litchi.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That's fair enough but it's kind of propiatrery that you manually select the channel using a more powerful after market antenna. It would be like swapping your car engine for a jet engine but still running it on standard unleaded fuel, I had some problems with manual CH selection conflicting between Litchi and DJI GO, after I fixed it I just finished a 42k ft round journey 21,000 ft each leg, with RC and video link. Albeit this is with a boosted setup but the problem existed in testing without the amps, just less amplified.

-Amps A/CH 8,000 ft
-Amps M/CH 21,000 ft
-No Amps A/CH 10,000 ft
-No Amps M/CH 14,500 ft

Same flight path same home point using Litchi.
Yes but why??

How often will you be flying that far out and are you really flying that far to take video or just see how far it can go?

I did 5+ miles easy with an Itelite on my P4. Same location without Itelite: 1.5 miles
I very much doubt that.
In any way my videos will serve as proof for now that its best to evade this modification and get a p4 remote instead of a p3 remote for max range.

I very much doubt that.
In any way my videos will serve as proof for now that its best to evade this modification and get a p4 remote instead of a p3 remote for max range.
I doubt hundreds of people are lying about there results. The dbs antenna delivers 2x-4x stock depending on where you fly. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean everybody else hasn't. Check your equipment.

I doubt hundreds of people are lying about there results. The dbs antenna delivers 2x-4x stock depending on where you fly. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean everybody else hasn't. Check your equipment.
I think they exaggerate to justify the price they paid. I would like to see videos how i did it. Same route with a stock remote and then with the dbs module. I regret purchasing it anyway. And its not a damaged antenna because else it wouldnt come a bit further then the stock p3 remote.

Faulty cables can shorten your range . Again hundreds of people are not working together to lie about there results. I fly mostly in the same place and stock I was lucky to get 8k with crappy signal warnings the whole way and now with my dbs antenna I can out fly the battery power of my p4 with full bars the whole way and buildings and trees. I would recommend it for everybody. For basically 100 bucks , you can't beat it. By far the best antenna on the market. Also your controller is CE which is not as powerful.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I think they exaggerate to justify the price they paid. I would like to see videos how i did it. Same route with a stock remote and then with the dbs module. I regret purchasing it anyway. And its not a damaged antenna because else it wouldnt come a bit further then the stock p3 remote.
I think you should take a look at your setup , if there are 100's of satisfied people and you are basically the only one who is not satisfied says the problem most likely is on your end.

I very much doubt that.
Get yourself together. If you don't believe any of us, leave this thread and go do something else. Do you think we are all lying? Why would we do that? Have some faith in people posting here!
Check this thread, there are enough pictures and Healthydrones logs and the like, both with and without mod.
Official P4 Range Leaderboard
GL300C vs GL300B or A may make a difference, but it's not THAT huge.
If you still don't believe it, sell your P4 and your antenna, buy something else and take it from there.

Faulty cables can shorten your range . Again hundreds of people are not working together to lie about there results. I fly mostly in the same place and stock I was lucky to get 8k with crappy signal warnings the whole way and now with my dbs antenna I can out fly the battery power of my p4 with full bars the whole way and buildings and trees. I would recommend it for everybody. For basically 100 bucks , you can't beat it. By far the best antenna on the market. Also your controller is CE which is not as powerful.
It doesnt matter if i fly CE mode or not, range should then still improve by the same amount. In total i will get less further then people in the US but thats not the issue here.
I do believe people get further with the DBS modification but only in perfect conditions. In normal conditions, its doesn't seem to be worth it.

I know my range improved tremendously and 100's of people aren't lying . And the 100's of YouTube videos speak for themselves . So I guess you should just sell your dbs antenna to someone who knows what they are doing and just go back to stock . Good luck!!

Reactions: MGd00d
I know my range improved tremendously and 100's of people aren't lying . And the 100's of YouTube videos speak for themselves . So I guess you should just sell your dbs antenna to someone who knows what they are doing and just go back to stock . Good luck!!
Those videos do not compare to the stock radio. The stock radio will reach enough distance to that the battery will become the limit as well. There are enough video's showing this as well...
I still feel because i cannot find straight comparisions that the improvement will disappoint people and that they better not purchase it.

borgqueenx: if you sell your DBS let me know, I need another one (Europe)...

Reactions: Ibmftw
Is the installation difficult for someone who is technically useless?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I know...the point is to test the limits and improvement over the stock radio in this video. I wanted to see and test how much better it is- its barely better.
I support your test result. I have my Phantom 4 remote modified by LtElite today after reading this thread and rushed out to test it. I used to get 4 km from spot A to spot B with a windsurfer antenna when the video downlink was lost. With the LtElite, I started from spot A and got additional 500 meter further from spot B when the video downlink was lost. So there was definitely increase in range but not 2X or 3X as claimed.

On this and earlier occasions I use the "auto" option with the channel selection. May be next time I should chose channel 31 (or other more stable channel) and find out if it makes a substantial difference.

I support your test result. I have my Phantom 4 remote modified by LtElite today after reading this thread and rushed out to test it. I used to get 4 km from spot A to spot B with a windsurfer antenna when the video downlink was lost. With the LtElite, I started from spot A and got additional 500 meter further from spot B when the video downlink was lost. So there was definitely increase in range but not 2X or 3X as claimed.

On this and earlier occasions I use the "auto" option with the channel selection. May be next time I should chose channel 31 (or other more stable channel) and find out if it makes a substantial difference.
It will probaly make a difference but wont matter if you are then using the DBS antenna or not.

Like I said lol @ this drama queen .... You guys know there's always that one guy with the speedos at the pool party[emoji848][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
Obviously this person together with 1 more in this thread are not happy i posted these truthful results here.

Folks, what you are seeing is that Radio Is Hard. People go to college to learn this stuff. Amateur radio ops spend hundreds of hours didlying with antennas. They have entire books on the subject. There are so many variables in these tests (like, percent humidity has a significant effect on GHz frequencies) that it is pretty much impossible to really know what you are doing quantitatively. Most people can get a reasonable, seat of the pants feel if the changes are of a high enough magnitude. But it is really hard to do a decent 'experiment'.

I don't think all of this is just folks blinded by the couple of hundred dollars they've invested. My own experience with a pair of P3s is that windsurfers do work to some degree, the FPVLR attenna works a bit better (but the windsurfer is a better value) and that sometimes I can't tell any difference at all.

I'm building a decent (hopefully) spectrum analyzer and reading up on 2 GHz antenna systems. Maybe in a year or two I'll be able to figure out something useful. Took me a couple of years to set up my amateur radio satellite station and this GHz stuff is even harder. But I think it's fun. YMMV.

Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt this at home. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Reactions: MGd00d

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj