It happened, I crashed.

Reaction score
I was coming home and it did a flip or a power dive about 70 ft. away.

14m 18.9s Sport 15satellites 70.5ft N/A 26.4mph 80.3ft 27% 14.571V 3.644V 3.649V 3.642V 3.636V 0.013V Motor is idling (lost or missing propeller).

4 second later, I got the same massage. At that point I was on the ground. It crashed at 27% battery. In the last 4 seconds I also was getting a speed error. It said i was going 127mhr 5 sec later and my el. was -102 ft. Maybe -10 ft. for real.
There was no battery errors. Surprisingly The battery never came out. Through out the flight I was getting less then a second in length, GPS Position NoMatch. Occasionally I got High wind velocity. There was little wind, I was just flying faster.The 4 props were about a 6 weeks old and maybe 20 flights.

About a $125 US in parts
DSC_4559.jpg
and I will be flying again, if nothing more then the physical damage.

14m 18.9s Sport 15satellites 70.5ft N/A 26.4mph 80.3ft 27% 14.571V 3.644V 3.649V 3.642V 3.636V 0.013V Motor is idling (lost or missing propeller).
No one can really make a true comment on this unless the data is shared. Although from what you are saying you lost a prop.The speed errors you were seeing are related. Wind velocity messages at times can be ignored, as are the Non-match errors, they generally have no dire meaning. Loosing a prop can definitively be determined, but I will assume that you have already determined that for yourself as you had another post earlier on the logs. Always hate to hear of a lost AC, but we do our best around to determine faults, when we have enough data to do so. Hope you get flying again soon.......

Pretty comfortable you don’t need your logs viewed by all to get to the cause here, she ain’t going to fly well on three....

Sorry to hear if your incident- Hope your back in the air soon.. please share your progress in the repair process, I’m sure it will help many of us.

Pretty comfortable you don’t need your logs viewed by all to get to the cause here
Agreed. It would most likely be the same conclusion, although it is very rare for a P4 to lose a prop. Unlike the P3's which happens more than you would want.

Agreed. It would most likely be the same conclusion, although it is very rare for a P4 to lose a prop. Unlike the P3's which happens more than you would want.
The problem with the P3, like all AC with screw on rotors, was simply that it’s a less foolproof mounting system. There is a greater opportunity for incorrect installation. We even had an instance in this forum where someone, no doubt with considerable effort, managed to get the props in the opposing handed threads. Wondered why they were hard to screw on and the AC wouldn’t fly.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Thus is the case with model aircraft.

I have been flying since the 70's and have only 6 retired aircraft, the rest were flown until failure. (collision, electrical, mechanical, fuel, pilot, etc.)

You fly them, repair them, fly them some more until their end, or you [first] park them for static display.

I was coming home and it did a flip or a power dive about 70 ft. away.

4 second later, I got the same massage. At that point I was on the ground. It crashed at 27% battery. In the last 4 seconds I also was getting a speed error. It said i was going 127mhr 5 sec later and my el. was -102 ft. Maybe -10 ft. for real.
There was no battery errors. Surprisingly The battery never came out. Through out the flight I was getting less then a second in length, GPS Position NoMatch. Occasionally I got High wind velocity. There was little wind, I was just flying faster.The 4 props were about a 6 weeks old and maybe 20 flights.

About a $125 US in partsView attachment 102341 and I will be flying again, if nothing more then the physical damage.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with what look like exactly the same props. Those are aftermarket, not DJI, usually supplied with an Amazon bundle. There are a number of documented cases of them failing. Don't use them.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with what look like exactly the same props. Those are aftermarket, not DJI, usually supplied with an Amazon bundle. There are a number of documented cases of them failing. Don't use them.
No, I dyed them. Just playing around. They are DJI!
My P4 was ordered off of Amazon and came from Shenzhen, China. I tracked it and it only took 5 days.

No, I dyed them. Just playing around. They are DJI!
My P4 was ordered off of Amazon and came from Shenzhen, China. I tracked it and it only took 5 days.
What’s the point here? There was no opportunity for third oarty to swap in some dodgy props in transit? I should hope not!

I’m sure I have seen reported instances of genuine props letting go in any case. How do the mounts look, particularly the springs?

That sucks, hope you're back up and flying again soon. That have been heart-breaking to see . . . you were so close . . .

Are any of the mounts missing or damaged?

DJI asked for my flight records. So, working on it now.
I rest my case as @With The Birds mentioned above, this should have been the first point of reference, before DJI. If nothing else but for other opinions. If this indeed is a prop loss as it sounds. DJI will more than likely say "Pilot Error". Or will they? It seems to vary so much these days who knows.

Given you are sharing with DJI I would suggest you upload here also- you may need to keep them honest so to speak. @sar104 and a few others, as you probably know, are masters at analysis of .dat files and controller logs.
They just asked me to sink my flight records. That's simple.

I can read schematics, trouble shoot and do repairs, but software is a big headache for me. My pain meds or something is messing with my cognitive skills. Learning something new is gotten really hard for me. I have to go so slow in reading something new that by the time I understand it, I forgot the first part. If I remember it all, I forget by weeks end.

It took me a long time to get my flight data where I could read it. I think I got it by accident. lol I got the top part of the page, then I could only read 1 line at a time. I couldn't get that page to expand. I had to go do some chores and when I got back my wife got it to where I could read it normally. Now I don't want to close that window. I trying to figure If DJI wants that info, how I could send it to them. I think I sent it to them before I got to that point of saving the flight data before I put it on the reader.

Ok, I now have a flying squirrel on the couch looking at me.
Well, I almost caught him. Cute little thing. Never even had a mouse in this house. Now a flying squirrel and a very unhappy wife.

I rest my case as @With The Birds mentioned above, this should have been the first point of reference, before DJI. If nothing else but for other opinions. If this indeed is a prop loss as it sounds. DJI will more than likely say "Pilot Error". Or will they? It seems to vary so much these days who knows.
I suspect they will cover the repair. I say that simply because it is likely cheaper over time to keep the customer happy than to risk them grizzling and raising suspicion amongst people that the mounting system is potentially dodgy. I preferred the old spin on system, providing you have minimal mechanical altitude it is very reliable. Simple is usually better.

They just asked me to sink my flight records. That's simple.

I can read schematics, trouble shoot and do repairs, but software is a big headache for me. My pain meds or something is messing with my cognitive skills. Learning something new is gotten really hard for me. I have to go so slow in reading something new that by the time I understand it, I forgot the first part. If I remember it all, I forget by weeks end.

It took me a long time to get my flight data where I could read it. I think I got it by accident. lol I got the top part of the page, then I could only read 1 line at a time. I couldn't get that page to expand. I had to go do some chores and when I got back my wife got it to where I could read it normally. Now I don't want to close that window. I trying to figure If DJI wants that info, how I could send it to them. I think I sent it to them before I got to that point of saving the flight data before I put it on the reader.

Ok, I now have a flying squirrel on the couch looking at me.
Well, I almost caught him. Cute little thing. Never even had a mouse in this house. Now a flying squirrel and a very unhappy wife.
Having animals frequent your home is a sign that it’s a good place. My wife seems to feed every bird within a 5mile radius, when she isn’t here they come inside looking for me.

To share with DJI simple sync the record in the GO app. To have a look for yourself simply upload to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help and share the link here.

Ask if you need a hand.

Did I see replacement (metal) P4 prop mounts somewhere? On the motor top bayonet clips.

Any great advantage in reliability by fitting them, anyone who has used them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl