It happened, I crashed.

It's the weekend and communication is cut off from DJI. I got my shipping label. I need to contact them Monday to see what I am suppose to ship. Everything or just the parts to the P4 it's self. Do I send the battery or not?

I was playing around looking at my Flight records. This past week was the first time I have read them. I'm still a little confused. I got the one off my P4 . In the DJI assistant, it brought up a reader. I saved that file, but can't open it now. It says dat. file and the CVS reader I have will only open text files. I don't know how to open the DJI reader that I had without hooking my P4 to the computer.

The DAT file requires DatCon or CsvView to convert and read.

I have an acquaintance who "knows about everything." Not really, but he's got opinions on everything. When I got my most recent P3A, he immediately said I should have got a hex-copter because if you lose a prop or motor, you can still fly it in. Is this true?

I have an acquaintance who "knows about everything." Not really, but he's got opinions on everything. When I got my most recent P3A, he immediately said I should have got a hex-copter because if you lose a prop or motor, you can still fly it in. Is this true?

It's true - one of the significant safety factors with 6 rotors. The problem with 4 rotors is that, if you lose one, it's impossible with the 3 remaining rotors to balance vertical thrust around the aircraft center of mass and, at the same time, balance torque around the vertical axis. So the aircraft either flips or spins. With 5 motors both can be achieved.

NEVER use solvent-removable penetrants on plastics to be on the safe side. Water-wash only. Fluorescent is preferred over visible dye to find small defects, as the eye more readily sees the fluorescent in darkness.

Agreed – that was why I asked the question.

Update: I shipped it to DJI Aug. 20. They received Aug. 27.
Aug. 28 they notified me they did diagnostics and all is covered under warranty.
My first talks with DJI seemed ambiguous. I didn't know who I was talking with over 5 e-mails. I get confused easily. I wanted more definitive answers, while they were collecting information. I guess they had it all under control?

Now, the price on the billing confuses me. The, I owe nothing is understood. Is that the real price of the covers on a P4?

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Phantom4 Upper Cover (Including Warning Sticker EN) 1- 6.00
Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board 1 -1.00
Phantom 4 Roll Motor 1- 12.00
Phantom 4 Pitch Motor 1- 12.00
Phantom 4 Gimbal FPC Cable 1- 11.00
Phantom 4 Left Landing Gear Module 1- 10.00
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module 1- 10.00
Phantom 4 Camera Main Board (US\CA\UK\EU\CN\BR) 1- 176.00
Phantom 4 Roll-axis Bracket V03 1- 6.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-axis Motor V2 1- 12.00
Phantom 4 Lower Cover 1- 10.00
Phantom4 Central Cover Module 1- 8.00
Phantom 4 2312S Motor 1- 18.00
Repair Service Fee 2- 65.00/H

Update: Week and a half after I gave my P4 to UPS, DJI service center in Ca. told me the repairs are complete. It is now being sent to the shipping department. They said within 2 days it will be shipped. They said 3 days for the repair, but it was much quicker. At this point, I have only praise for DJI service dept.

I couldn't be happier. I had somethings that I wanted to film before long. I missed a great opportunity tonight. It is a calm, clear, starry sky overhead with some big lighting coming my way. The sky is looking like a fireworks finale coming my way.

Last edited:
Update: It's now in UPS hands. I saw the list of the Items being shipped. I was surprised to see they replaced my broken ND 4 filter that I had on at the time of the crash. Wonder what brand they replaced it with?

Update: It's now in UPS hands. I saw the list of the Items being shipped. I was surprised to see they replaced my broken ND 4 filter that I had on at the time of the crash. Wonder what brand they replaced it with?
It wouldn’t make sense for DJI to fit a 3rd party filter, not when they have their own branded product.

It wouldn’t make sense for DJI to fit a 3rd party filter, not when they have their own branded product.
It was a third party filter. It has the look and feel of their uv filter that came with my P4. Exactly the same weight. The glass just can't take a power dive from 70 ft.

I bought Polar Pro for my P3, but I was low on money when I bought my P4. Taco had a rating one below Polar Pro and was cheaper.

Just thought of something; A power fall from 70 ft. and the battery never came out of my P4.

Last edited:
I received my p4 Friday. Instructions on tracking site said, signature required. They dumped it off on the front porch. It has been windy and rainy. I took the time to reconfigure and calibrate everything. All went well. Found a good break for a couple of hours. Everything works good, but the video keep stopping. I'll try a different sd card when I can.

I wish sometimes the courier would just leave something at the door rather than pretend to have knocked and take it back to the depo- I have seen them do it while I have been home. Try formatting the SD card in the AC if you haven’t already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31