It happened, I crashed.

I have a standard 3. So how do I keep from losing a prop. Do I check them before every flight so see if they are tight. Do they just bake or come unscrewed.

Do I check them before every flight so see if they are tight.
Always! The P3's have "self tightening" props, so in theory they should not unscrew easily, however when braking, the props will reverse thrust, and if they are a little loose, heavy braking will unscrew them and down you go. This happens more often than you would think. Personally, I set my braking very low to help prevent that from happening. I don't need to "stop on a dime" for the most part. On occassion I will change that, but not often. Just depends on how and where you are flying.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
From old RC car days I learned that you can dye nylon with Rit cloth dye. I used to use it to make white zip ties become any color I wanted. I also learned that pouring the leftover hot dye into a molded kitchen sink is a VERY bad idea(I spent a long time with increasingly finer sandpaper and rubbing compound getting my sink back to the original color.)

You do not paint props due to balance issues. Dying them will work fine.

I wonder if putting them to soak in usually in hot or boiling water weakens the material? The dye does have to penetrate the material it is going to bond with, maybe by chance it alters the structure of the material? (material = plastic, nylon, poly, etc..)

I'm interested in the condition of the prop mounts. If you try to mount a new prop on each of the motors do they fully lock in the mounts?

Always! The P3's have "self tightening" props, so in theory they should not unscrew easily, however when braking, the props will reverse thrust, and if they are a little loose, heavy braking will unscrew them and down you go. This happens more often than you would think. Personally, I set my braking very low to help prevent that from happening. I don't need to "stop on a dime" for the most part. On occassion I will change that, but not often. Just depends on how and where you are flying.
Active braking = rapid motor deceleration- there is no thrust reversal. You would need variable pitch rotors for that to be possible.

Reactions: Pharm and N017RW
Active braking = rapid motor deceleration- there is no thrust reversal.
Same result either way, was making it easier to understand. Rather than going in to more technical detail. But agreed, variable pitch rotors would indeed induce reverse thrust.

Same result either way, was making it easier to understand. Rather than going in to more technical detail. But agreed, variable pitch rotors would indeed induce reverse thrust.
Actually- you would need variable pitch rotors to create reverse thrust. You made it difficult to understand, its just not right.... You can't have same result either way if one way can't happen...

Reactions: Pharm
Actually- you would need variable pitch rotors to create reverse thrust.
Isn't that what I corrected?

You made it difficult to understand, its just not right.
Not for the OP. Stating "reverse thrust" would lead one to believe in reversing the props, not the case actually, but an easier "termed" way to understand the theory of loosening props.

You can't have same result either way if one way can't happen...
Agreed, however, from the OP's prospective it is irrelevant. What happened, happened.

I was trying to stay away from too much technical information that would not benefit the OP one ioda. But enough to semi-explain the theory.

Isn't that what I corrected?

Not for the OP. Stating "reverse thrust" would lead one to believe in reversing the props, not the case actually, but an easier "termed" way to understand the theory of loosening props.

Agreed, however, from the OP's prospective it is irrelevant. What happened, happened.

I was trying to stay away from too much technical information that would not benefit the OP one ioda. But enough to semi-explain the theory.
Cool- you seem to be a stickler for details and happy to correct people- should be no drama with getting to the correct facts. It’s all good.....

Cool- you seem to be a stickler for details and happy to correct people- should be no drama with getting to the correct facts. It’s all good.....
At times yes, all good here as well! I try to keep to basics for the most part, but do enjoy a technical conversation from time. Best to you my Aussie friend. ;)

That'll buff out........Maybe.

The grass was high at the time of the crash and I couldn't find the first prop . I went back and found the first prop that came off about 20 ft. from inpact after the grass was mowed. It was not broken. The only broken prop was at the crash site . It appears that the prop mount came off. It's not on the drone. I talked to DJI and they said it would be covered under warranty. I use a caption telephone , so I have it in writing . Lol

The grass was high at the time of the crash and I couldn't find the first prop . I went back and found the first prop that came off about 20 ft. from inpact after the grass was mowed. It was not broken. The only broken prop was at the crash site . It appears that the prop mount came off. It's not on the drone. I talked to DJI and they said it would be covered under warranty. I use a caption telephone , so I have it in writing . Lol

So the screws came out, or stripped, or the prop mount body was broken?

So the screws came out, or stripped, or the prop mount body was broken?
Just got home. Answer is, it is totally missing. I guess it came loose and flew off. I went to the area and could not find it. It wasn't on the prop that I think was the one that flew off. It was about 20 ft. up the flight path. The other 3 props were with the P4 at the crash site.

It's the weekend and communication is cut off from DJI. I got my shipping label. I need to contact them Monday to see what I am suppose to ship. Everything or just the parts to the P4 it's self. Do I send the battery or not?

I was playing around looking at my Flight records. This past week was the first time I have read them. I'm still a little confused. I got the one off my P4 . In the DJI assistant, it brought up a reader. I saved that file, but can't open it now. It says dat. file and the CVS reader I have will only open text files. I don't know how to open the DJI reader that I had without hooking my P4 to the computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik