Is this $148.50 High Capacity p4p battery legit or no?

It appears to be legit based on the seller's feedback. I've never seen a knock-off P4 battery.

It appears to be legit based on the seller's feedback. I've never seen a knock-off P4 battery.
I'll let you all know if they're real ...Just to let you all you... All of the offers that were less than $140 on that guy's ebay page where automatically declined. If you are going to offer up to buy it, then start at $140 because it actually auto accepted once it was placed at $145.

Thank you. Bought one for 140

Reactions: tml4191
Hmm...I'll have to get 1 at this price

I actually just received one from him last week. Zero problems, works great, looks completely legit and has the dji warranty paper in it etc just like a store bought battery.

What flight times are you getting with this higher capacity battery when you hit the 25% mark?

Just received two from the mail, and everything checks out so far, but I still have to fly with it to fully test it out!

I guess the real test is after the latest firmware update when you get the message to update the FW on your battery if it goes OK then all is good.
Hopefully these are the real deal for an excellent price!
Sounds good to me!

Oh snap! Just found a major difference... check out the picture: the one on the left is the stock one, whereas the one on the right is the one I bought off of ebay...they do however weight 16.35 oz. does anyone else have screws in their batteries?

IMG_0847.JPG

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Also, the one from ebay has a higher total capacity:
IMG_0848.PNG

Stock Batt. that came w/ the P4P

IMG_0849.PNG

The stock one has been charged 11 times though, so that might play a part in the total capacity, or does it?

Oh snap! Just found a major difference... check out the picture: the one on the left is the stock one, whereas the one on the right is the one I bought off of ebay...they do however weight 16.35 oz. does anyone else have screws in their batteries?

View attachment 73271

Yes, all three of my high capacity batteries have screws.
Stock from DJI-came w/P4P+, 2nd from DJI Phantom 4 High Capacity Battery (5870mAh) - Part 64 | Advexure.com and my 3rd from (www.adorama.com) DJI Flight Battery
You can see the screws in the pics.
You should be good as long as the FW updates on them fine.

Last edited:
Yes, all three of my high capacity batteries have screws.
Stock from DJI-came w/P4P+, 2nd from DJI Phantom 4 High Capacity Battery (5870mAh) - Part 64 | Advexure.com and my 3rd from DJI Flight Battery
You can see the screws in the pics.
You should be good as long as the FW updates on them fine.
It didn't even prompt me to update once I plugged in the new battery, but I'll go ahead and install the latest firmware and report my findings. That's strange. The stock p4p non plus version doesn't have screws, and the total mAh is slightly lower.

Also, the one from ebay has a higher total capacity:
View attachment 73272

Stock Batt. that came w/ the P4P

View attachment 73273

The stock one has been charged 11 times though, so that might play a part in the total capacity, or does it?
I wouldn't think only 11 times would reduce the capacity that much but depending on how many days you have set to auto discharge might slightly decrease their capacity. I know with my Yuneec batteries they'd say to discharge them down to storage voltage if you were not going to use them for 4-5 days.

I'll charge up to full 100% charge on my original stock battery that came with the P4P+ in the morning and see what the readings are and post back tomorrow.
Now you've got me really curious.
Not too many places have the high capacity in stock right now.
I might just get the eBay one! Wish I'd have seen this before I used my eBay bucks up a while back....
*Before the new FW update none of my batteries asked me to update them. All three would work interchangeably.
Only after this new FW out did it ask me to update the other two since it updated the one that was in the quad during the FW update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20