Is the 1.08.10 firmware for P3S Stable?

Reaction score
Hi,
I ordered a P3S drone the other day and now it has come to my attention of some firmware instabilities.
I was wondering if the latest version, 1.08.10 works ok.

Also does it work fine with Dji Go 3.1.7 (I heard of some problems with that app version, but can be fixed with aeroplane mode or something).

Thanks very much!

Edit: I see there is a Dji Go version 3.1.8, I assume every thing is sorted out now for the app? Thanks again

Last edited:
1.8.10 is a stable build. It was released over 3 months ago.

Reactions: Matts175
I use 1.8.10 and its a vast improvement over that disaster 1.6.xx ...............

As to the Go app OP quotes ... thats all IOS so out of my league ... I'm just a poorly Android user with 3.1.5 ....

Nigel

Stress marks ?

nigel

The Phantom design is prone to them regardless of when made ... old or new. I had cracks start to show on one arm only a couple of months after buying ... but being a dab hand with fixing models .. I made decision to fix it myself instead of sending to DJI / Seller to just get another that will likely do same again.

So I first eased the cracks a touch with a scalpel blade and put in some PU glue. That expands with moisture and fills every crack it finds. You have to be careful to not allow it to expand and push joint apart - so it needs to be clamped or taped. Once it had set - I then sanded it back flush and then fitted metal end plates bought of eBay to give some support and protection to all 4 arms.

So far - everything going fine. I plan to remove the plates some time and check the arms under - just to make sure.

Nigel

The Phantom design is prone to them regardless of when made ... old or new. I had cracks start to show on one arm only a couple of months after buying ... but being a dab hand with fixing models .. I made decision to fix it myself instead of sending to DJI / Seller to just get another that will likely do same again.

So I first eased the cracks a touch with a scalpel blade and put in some PU glue. That expands with moisture and fills every crack it finds. You have to be careful to not allow it to expand and push joint apart - so it needs to be clamped or taped. Once it had set - I then sanded it back flush and then fitted metal end plates bought of eBay to give some support and protection to all 4 arms.

So far - everything going fine. I plan to remove the plates some time and check the arms under - just to make sure.

Nigel
Thanks solentlife for the advice. What metal end plates did you use? Thanks again

Screenshot_2017-04-14-08-28-28.png
I use this

Reactions: TheAusDrone
There are plenty of sellers on eBay with end plates. Just make sure they also include the longer screws ..... the motor mount screws secure the plates and need to be slightly longer to compensate.

Note - never use these longer screws to mount motor if you remove the plates.

Nigel

There are plenty of sellers on eBay with end plates. Just make sure they also include the longer screws ..... the motor mount screws secure the plates and need to be slightly longer to compensate.

Note - never use these longer screws to mount motor if you remove the plates.

Nigel
Must the screws to ensure nail varnish. Two flys and screws allowed
Thanks guys for all your help, really appreciate it, Cheers.

My drone should be coming next week :D :D

OK ... as to thread locking the screw ..... Blue Thread Lock is waht DJI use ... you'll see the blue on the threads ... and that is what I use ...

In fact I use Blue on all my models to prevent screw loosenings.

Nigel

Available at local Auto Parts shops

Nigel

Of course I know where to buy. Shop at one bonding. Useless. If the nail polish does not work, buy it.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.