Is everything ok in Rotorpixel?

I'm reading the RPG technical discussion but had a quick question for ya. What order do find best for turning on your gear? I've found that turning on the Tx and range extender first then the camera and Phantom next has been working best for me. But when I get the RPG installed I'm not sure that will be the best way.

Hi mike I turn on,
1. TX
2. Range extender
I always leave the camera on.
3. Phantom.

Turn off,
1. Phantom
2. TX
3. Range extender.

Hope that helps;)

Good luck to you my friend and enjoy your holiday;)

Where are you visiting in the good ole USA?

Only flying in to Miami then off to the Caribbean;)

Great news about your RPG, enjoy mate;)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Hi mike I turn on,
1. TX
2. Range extender
I always leave the camera on.
3. Phantom.

Turn off,
1. Phantom
2. TX
3. Range extender.

Hope that helps;)
Thanks Porky;)

Only flying in to Miami then off to the Caribbean;)

Great news about your RPG, enjoy mate;)

Enjoy and safe travels;)

Post was late today of course but IT'S HERE:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pic of box, pic of box like what I did:p soooooo pleased for ya buddy.

Just take your time installing it but also enjoy;)

Mike, check this thread out from time to time, it will be my travel log & how I get on;)

Airport/plane log. How I get on. | DJI Phantom Forum

Pic of box, pic of box like what I did:p soooooo pleased for ya buddy.

Just take your time installing it but also enjoy;)

Mike, check this thread out from time to time, it will be my travel log & how I get on;)

Airport/plane log. How I get on. | DJI Phantom Forum
Sorry I was too busy unpacking and in the middle of installation:D I just took a quick break before I turn on the P2V the first time when I saw your post.

Here you go in the process and nearly ready to try it out:D
IMG_3723.JPG

I'll be sure to keep tabs on you my friend;) Have a fantastic holiday.

@dirkclod
All set for the first flight:D
Dirk from what I've seen on Simon's videos it appears that my RPG isn't balanced properly since when its off the camera is tilting and isn't neutrally buoyant. I have seen Simon's video on balancing the RPG with the camera filter and if I have to balance it I might as well put the filter kit on from the get go. It is safe to fly it this way correct? Pardon the question I'm sure I could find the answer in the thread but I'm anxious to try it out;) Even stuck the prop guards out of nervousness LOL.

IMG_3725.JPG

Looks good Mike. First..Did you balance the camera in the gimbal by loosening the screw's and moving the camera from side to side and front to back ?
You should be able to like while sitting there on that table move the camera and it just stay where ya move it . Do it with out the cap on .

Looks good Mike. First..Did you balance the camera in the gimbal by loosening the screw's and moving the camera from side to side and front to back ?
You should be able to like while sitting there on that table move the camera and it just stay where ya move it . Do it with out the cap on .
No I didn't and since it wasn't balanced I figured I would put the filter kit on and then balance it at the same time since it's out of whack a bit. Figured I would do that tomorrow and just wanted to try it out. Could that have contributed to it falling the way it did?

Reactions: dirkclod
No I didn't and since it wasn't balanced I figured I would put the filter kit on and then balance it at the same time since it's out of whack a bit. Figured I would do that tomorrow and just wanted to try it out. Could that have contributed to it falling the way it did?
Don't think so .PM sent .

Hey mike, all I'm gonna do is this, image.jpg you've got the right person helping ya so all should be good;)

I'll keep out of the way with any help, not gonna have time now, packing & getting ready for my hol.;) But I'll keep an image.jpg on how it's all going.;)

Mike.......... What's that all about:eek::eek:
I had a PM conversation with Dirk;) about a scary as **** fall out of the sky on my first flight with the RPG installed:eek:. Gotta say Dirk is one cool very sharp dude:cool:

Here's the raw footage of the first flight before it fell without any tweaking to the RPG or in the Phantom Assist

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's what happened. The first flight went well for about 6 minutes RPG working great and then with 55% battery the P2V starting dropping like a rock. Lucky I was only up about 30 feet and just hovering. I gave her full throttle and that slowed the rate it was falling but it still came down hard and cracked one of the leg extensions but didn't damage anything else that I can tell. A little CA and the landing gear extensions are fine but now I'm scared shitless to fly her again:(.

What Dirk came up with was two fold. One I haven't ever cleaned my battery connections :oops: my bad and my batteries need to be conditioned so to speak. A couple of charges and hard flying at 40 feet or so down to 50% to get the batteries and the Phantom used to the added weight of the RPG. Hopefully then all will be good:)

Last edited:
That's bad Mike but again you've got the right person helping you out;)

I'll be watching while I'm away, keep your chin up;)

That's bad Mike but again you've got the right person helping you out;)

I'll be watching while I'm away, keep your chin up;)
Thanks Porky I'm sure with Dirks help I'll be able to get her flying right:)

Looking forward to following your holiday thread had a fantastic time.

Thanks buddy, yep don't forget to keep an eye on the thread;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31