Moverio BT-300 and P4P V2

Reaction score
I know there are a ton of threads and articles about this but I keep seeing different answers and nothing recent. Hopefully someone can just give me a straight answer. I am wanting to purchase the moverio BT-300 or the BT-35E. I was really close, then noticed on the site it does not work with the P4PV2 and the M2Z. But, I see a youtube video where a guy is using them with the M2Z. I have looked at this so much I have now totally confused myself. Question is, can I use either of these AR glasses with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 or the Mavic 2 Zoom? I keep everything updated since I use these commercially. I saw that I can get an HDMI module for the P4 but still not sure if it will work with these drones. SOMEONE...PLEASE ADIVISE!!!! Any help it greatly appreciated!!

I own a pair of the Bt 300's and they are great to fly with, I have used them with my Spark, Mavic Air and Pro mainly. When I purchased my M2P I was disappointed that they wouldn't work with it. I later found out that the issue is in the RC. If you have the 1A model it will work, if you have the 1b model it won't, I have the 1b model. I have also tried to use them with my P3P and the lag was horrible and unsafe to fly, I never tried to use them with my P4.

Thanks. I will take a look this evening. For whatever reason I don't recall ever seeing that on there but I wasn't really looking for it either. Just watched your vid in your other post with the 10-15 mph winds. Nice work! Where are you located? I wish I had flying weather like that here. South Dakota is a little tough to fly this time of year. They are forecasting temps in the 40s this weekend so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks. I will take a look this evening. For whatever reason I don't recall ever seeing that on there but I wasn't really looking for it either. Just watched your vid in your other post with the 10-15 mph winds. Nice work! Where are you located? I wish I had flying weather like that here. South Dakota is a little tough to fly this time of year. They are forecasting temps in the 40s this weekend so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
San Bernardino, CA, the area I do most of my flying is along old highway route 66 near the Cajon pass

This won't answer your question directly but I hope it will give you more information.
I bought the BT-200 glasses a long time ago to use with my Phantom-3 pro. Was very disappointed originally since the little android controller box with the glasses was slow and video lagged. Wasn't connected to the google play store so you had to side load the software. However, a company called Colorado Video made a module (about the same size as the BT-200 controller) that would let you plug the BT-200 glasses in and also a direct HDMI cable! I purchased the HDMI add-on from DJI for my controller and this was GREAT! Now I could still use my iPhone or tablet for controlling the Phantom but also had the glasses showing the HDMI output from the controller! I used a small USB power pack to power that device and used velcro stickies to mount them both to the bottom of my controller. Search my posts from a long time ago, I did a review with pictures!
When the BT-300 came out I jumped at the chance to upgrade. Unfortunately they had the same problem - the android controller for them just isn't up to speed. It's not connected to google play so you have to side load the phantom software. To make matters worse, the Colorado Video module I had for the BT-200 isn't compatible with the BT-300. I contacted Colorado Video about this, they aren't interested in developing another module (guess they didn't make enough money off the first one)
I was very excited when the Epson BT-35 was released. It's exactly what I need - Glasses that take HDMI input without depending on an android device. I haven't had a chance to test them yet. I'll try to do a full review with them soon, but remember I already have a DJI controller with HDMI output (and I'm still on my Phantom 3 Pro so my setup is different from you).

I'm holding out hope for the Phantom 5 but might have to bite the bullet and get a P4Pro v2!

Once again, I know I didn't answer your question but I hope I was able to give you more information.

This won't answer your question directly but I hope it will give you more information.
I bought the BT-200 glasses a long time ago to use with my Phantom-3 pro. Was very disappointed originally since the little android controller box with the glasses was slow and video lagged. Wasn't connected to the google play store so you had to side load the software. However, a company called Colorado Video made a module (about the same size as the BT-200 controller) that would let you plug the BT-200 glasses in and also a direct HDMI cable! I purchased the HDMI add-on from DJI for my controller and this was GREAT! Now I could still use my iPhone or tablet for controlling the Phantom but also had the glasses showing the HDMI output from the controller! I used a small USB power pack to power that device and used velcro stickies to mount them both to the bottom of my controller. Search my posts from a long time ago, I did a review with pictures!
When the BT-300 came out I jumped at the chance to upgrade. Unfortunately they had the same problem - the android controller for them just isn't up to speed. It's not connected to google play so you have to side load the phantom software. To make matters worse, the Colorado Video module I had for the BT-200 isn't compatible with the BT-300. I contacted Colorado Video about this, they aren't interested in developing another module (guess they didn't make enough money off the first one)
I was very excited when the Epson BT-35 was released. It's exactly what I need - Glasses that take HDMI input without depending on an android device. I haven't had a chance to test them yet. I'll try to do a full review with them soon, but remember I already have a DJI controller with HDMI output (and I'm still on my Phantom 3 Pro so my setup is different from you).

I'm holding out hope for the Phantom 5 but might have to bite the bullet and get a P4Pro v2!

Once again, I know I didn't answer your question but I hope I was able to give you more information.
Thanks tcg! I appreciate any info I can soak up. That stinks they are not making another module. I checked my RC last night for the model number and it is a C1. So I am probably S.O.L. for now. Thanks again.

Thanks tcg! I appreciate any info I can soak up. That stinks they are not making another module. I checked my RC last night for the model number and it is a C1. So I am probably S.O.L. for now. Thanks again.
Which drone are you trying to use with the glasses? my comment was referring to the Mavic series on the controller that are compatible. I think I stated I had an lag issue also with my P3P when I tried to use it, but I think after an update on the Epson device it worked much better, but I have a Crystalsky for my P3P so I didn't worry much about it working with it any longer.

Which drone are you trying to use with the glasses? my comment was referring to the Mavic series on the controller that are compatible. I think I stated I had an lag issue also with my P3P when I tried to use it, but I think after an update on the Epson device it worked much better, but I have a Crystalsky for my P3P so I didn't worry much about it working with it any longer.

P4PV2 and Mavic2 Zoom. P4PV2 RC model C1

My M2Z has a 1a controller!! So in your opinion I should probably pull the trigger on them? I mainly want to use them for various types of structure inspections.
I like using my MP for that same reason, the glasses just give you more depth perception of the surrounding area and allows you to be more precise in your flying

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
As I have said before, so don't read it again, up to you. I bought the the moverio BT-300 when they first came out and they are long dead held together with glue and sellotape. They were good and worked with the Air (1), MPZ, original MP and the P4P 2.0. so recently I bought what was called the second edition and I can find no documentation about what I am about to say. The 2nd edition are not good, they are amazing, absolutely brilliant. I can see every bit of data and as clear as if you were there what the drone is seeing. Even in the middle of the Australian sun at midday in summer. I now only have the P4P and the MM, which sadly they do not work with. For me it is the perfect combination. The P4P and the the moverio BT-300 are perfect so far I need no more drones, but I am thinking of a recording fast cars and boats. The Best FPV Racing Drone for You.
So for me I just can not think of a perfect marriage between the 300s and the P4P 2.0.
If you get the 300s you will not be disappointed.
Oops got a Tello as well and of course they don't work with the 300s.
Sorry for repeating myself.

As I have said before, so don't read it again, up to you. I bought the the moverio BT-300 when they first came out and they are long dead held together with glue and sellotape. They were good and worked with the Air (1), MPZ, original MP and the P4P 2.0. so recently I bought what was called the second edition and I can find no documentation about what I am about to say. The 2nd edition are not good, they are amazing, absolutely brilliant. I can see every bit of data and as clear as if you were there what the drone is seeing. Even in the middle of the Australian sun at midday in summer. I now only have the P4P and the MM, which sadly they do not work with. For me it is the perfect combination. The P4P and the the moverio BT-300 are perfect so far I need no more drones, but I am thinking of a recording fast cars and boats. The Best FPV Racing Drone for You.
So for me I just can not think of a perfect marriage between the 300s and the P4P 2.0.
If you get the 300s you will not be disappointed.
Oops got a Tello as well and of course they don't work with the 300s.
Sorry for repeating myself.

The tello does work with the BT-300, you have to sideload the Ryze Tello app or the Tello FPV app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic