Installed Itelite/MAXXUav antenna - Disappointed at first but great success!

I have the identical problem as noted in this thread with the exception that my antenna mod worked great when first installed. I believe my problem started when I may have failed to completely screw the antenna cables back onto the RC after removing the antenna to get the RC in my travel case. I believe I may have inadvertently operated the RC without one of the cables fully seated.....and according to some of the pro's on our forum, this could toast the transmitter. My antenna came with a warning not to power on the RC without the antenna installed. Although the RC will still operate my P3A at ranges of about 2000 feet LOS, it is no nowhere close to the 3+mile range I was easily getting before. I plan on reinstalling the mod on another RC I have acquired.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

After reading about what could happen about the powering up damage I became very attentive to make sure I didn't do this. That would be a real bummer to say the least.

How can you tell if he has the correct plugs going into the correct plugs just by looking at it?

I wish the fellow from maxxuav would check in. I've written an email but no response.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know lots of people here just love them, and that's what my post is more about, frustration/disappointment and not wanting to bash anything.
Try auto select for the channel. Also when you get a weak signal message just hover for a few seconds and you signal should stabilize. And then you can continue flying. I'm hoping this new firmware will fix this issue with the weak signal. Good luck .

I wish the fellow from maxxuav would check in. I've written an email but no response.

I'm sure Jake from from maxxuav.com will get back to you. He is very responsive. I've been very impressed with the customer service .

What was your range before the modification? Also try switching out the cables that are going from the antenna to the rc. Could be a bad cable. I had that happen to me and it killed my range.

He was just on 27 minutes ago but maybe he didn't see this .Lets try and flag him :) @JakeMaxxUAV

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
He was just on 27 minutes ago but maybe he didn't see this .Lets try and flag him :) @JakeMaxxUAV
Thanks for tagging me in this!

@Marc Hufnagel, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The last e-mail I have from you is April 6th, I may have missed your last e-mail? Your results should be much better than what you're getting. Let me send you a pair of the blue cables and see if that helps. I believe the cables are sensitive to the bends which may be the reason for the poor distance. If that doesn't help we can try sending out a replacement antenna. I'll get those cables sent out today via priority mail! :)

Ok just to rule out anything i put my rc back to stock and will fly the same paths again. This to determine if I've done something wrong and now the rc might not be operating correctly. I'll check in in an hour or two with the results.

Thanks for tagging me in this!

@Marc Hufnagel, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The last e-mail I have from you is April 6th, I may have missed your last e-mail? Your results should be much better than what you're getting. Let me send you a pair of the blue cables and see if that helps. I believe the cables are sensitive to the bends which may be the reason for the poor distance. If that doesn't help we can try sending out a replacement antenna. I'll get those cables sent out today via priority mail! :)

ok thanks I will try them. I know this unit is capable of some nice range for sure.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Cables are on their way. I made it to the mailbox just in the knick of time, just as USPS showed up haha!

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
Now that's great customer service. Makes me want to buy something from you just to get that kind of service! :)

I'm buying everything from this guy. He seriously has the best service and follow up

Stock rc works as it did before. So I can rule out a dodgy or rc damaged during install. I'll remount the antenna this afternoon and wait for the new cables.

Let me send you a pair of the blue cables and see if that helps. I believe the cables are sensitive to the bends which may be the reason for the poor distance.
Are you referring to these cables? I would like to order a set too.

Im sure you guys have been putting the range extenders for a while. But just a heads up. When i put mine on with a booster for the vid feed i had a flyaway. Worked great until then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20