Installed Itelite/MAXXUav antenna - Disappointed at first but great success!

It does... It's pressed into the foam, but it seems pretty minor. I leave the blue wires on, and take the antenna off

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I received the new short blue cables today from maxxuav and put them on.... I'll let this pic explain the difference:, wish I could change the title of this thread to say the least. I could.n't be happier with this antenna solution, I was like a little kid dancing around. I still had full signal but no cajones to go further yet.

a95346a321db55dd1e4ac795607674e5.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Reactions: rhoffart
Thanks for tagging me in this!

@Marc Hufnagel, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The last e-mail I have from you is April 6th, I may have missed your last e-mail? Your results should be much better than what you're getting. Let me send you a pair of the blue cables and see if that helps. I believe the cables are sensitive to the bends which may be the reason for the poor distance. If that doesn't help we can try sending out a replacement antenna. I'll get those cables sent out today via priority mail! :)

Do you sell complete modified remotes? I would be more interested in that instead of sending my existing remote to you.

Finally figured out how to get the antenna bases out without destroying them so this morning I took my tx back apart and installed the itelite from maxxuav non-boosted. Once I got the bases out everything went smoothly with my ifixit tweezers, hemostats and magnetic screw bowl. I came into it prepared lol.

It took about 30 minutes start to finish (I had taken the tx apart twice before but stopped by the confounded bases those times.

After buttoning everything up I proceeded to have a seat on my front porch steps where I like to fly from across a small-town residential area towards downtown or from our back patio directly over a large wooded area (edge of town). I flew thir route yesterday evening and again this morning before the mod so I could judge what I had gained by the investment.

Flying the two directions over town I can get to about 2100-2200ft out (300ft alt) before I lose rc signal and video as well, and rth kicks in). The other direction directly over wooded non-populated path I can get to about 3300ft, same altituide.

I use channel 20 and 4mb setting on video.

My flight distance on both town flights today (same as yesterday non-itelite/maxxuav) were 2170ft and 2002ft and my wooded route was 3200ft. Altitude was 300ft for all. I've actually lost some distance or about the same. I know the antenna is working as I wouldn't be flying if it was not.

Comments, thoughts? I tried to keep the routes and altitude the same and same times as yesterday. I don't mean this to be a 'bash' post but rather I'm frustrated and disappointed.
Marc - Jake is great with customer service and it's just a thought but maybe you could amend your original post so people see the problem was addressed and that you are now happy with the mod. Most people won't read all the way thru the thread and will stop with your first post.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Davphys
Does this disconnect easily? Im trying to see if it would fit in my Go Profesional Case? I have a P3 remote and a P4 Remote. Is it true that both will pair with each-other?

It disconnects super-easily. FYI - Go Professional will professionally modify the remote cutout on their cases to fit the DBS modded remotes. You just have to send them the remote and email them pics of it prior. I spoke to them about this already - I believe I spoke to "Jordan" there. That's always an option if you don't even want to disconnect it. But it does have a quick release on the mount so it is releaseable pretty easily.

Does this disconnect easily? Im trying to see if it would fit in my Go Profesional Case? I have a P3 remote and a P4 Remote. Is it true that both will pair with each-other?

Im curious to how just some cables made this mod a whole disappointed. Where they broken or something? I cant imagine them breaking by bending them a bit...

I don't think the issue was them breaking. I think the issue was that the stock cables didn't have the 90 degree angles tips, thus the cable was bending quite a bit leading to perhaps some interference. I actually had no issues with the standard cables myself.

Im curious to how just some cables made this mod a whole disappointed. Where they broken or something? I cant imagine them breaking by bending them a bit...

I have no idea but my satisfaction took a complete 180 to very happy from my initial experience. The only thing that changed was I received a set of the short thick blue cables and replaced the thin ones with them.

Marc - Jake is great with customer service and it's just a thought but maybe you could amend your original post so people see the problem was addressed and that you are now happy with the mod. Most people won't read all the way thru the thread and will stop with your first post.

I did!

I don't think the issue was them breaking. I think the issue was that the stock cables didn't have the 90 degree angles tips, thus the cable was bending quite a bit leading to perhaps some interference. I actually had no issues with the standard cables myself.
do you use the original antenna holes to mount the cables or drilled new holes?

Same question here - are there videos or instructions for using the existing holes instead of drilling new ones? Looks much cleaner.

Yes, here it is - I don't recommend cutting the exiting cable or the aerial hole, because if you save it you can put it back to stock for warranty or selling.

Reactions: borgqueenx
Yes, here it is - I don't recommend cutting the exiting cable or the aerial hole, because if you save it you can put it back to stock for warranty or selling.

Thank you for posting this - I'm just waiting for my delivery! My original question was if you had a procedure for routing the new antenna connectors out the original antenna openings INSTEAD of drilling new ones. I'm not too averse to drilling the new ones - was just trying to keep as stock as possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl