Installed Itelite/MAXXUav antenna - Disappointed at first but great success!

Thank you for posting this - I'm just waiting for my delivery! My original question was if you had a procedure for routing the new antenna connectors out the original antenna openings INSTEAD of drilling new ones. I'm not too averse to drilling the new ones - was just trying to keep as stock as possible.
Same...i guess it isnt that diffucult seeing the opening?

Thank you for posting this - I'm just waiting for my delivery! My original question was if you had a procedure for routing the new antenna connectors out the original antenna openings INSTEAD of drilling new ones. I'm not too averse to drilling the new ones - was just trying to keep as stock as possible.
yes, but you don't need to drill, the white connector plug that Jake provided goes into the original antenna holes.

OK - did the install yesterday. Went pretty smoothly - just a few words of advice for others:

1. TAKE YOUR TIME. There are lots of tiny parts and tight spaces. Dont yank on anything, dont get aggravated.
2. There are tiny, tiny ribbon cables with very small and easy to disconnect connectors in many places. Use hot glue as advised in the install video to tack these down - will save you a lot of trouble.
3. I removed the comms board completely in order to make disconnecting and reconnecting the comms cable a bit easier, which it did. Unfortunately, you also then have to unscrew the 3 very tight screws (make sure you have the right size driver or you will strip them) and two tiny side cables (which control buttons C1 and C2). Getting those side cables reconnected was my biggest challenge of the entire retrofit.
4. Use hot glue to secure the connectors to the new antenna and help orient the cables as advised in the video - makes a big difference.

Heading out for a flight test later today!

Reactions: BigAl07
Jake Do i need shorter ones? Did i buy the right ones from you?

I think i ordered these from you:
HIGH QUALITY ANTENNA CABLES RG402 (8.75" OR 22CM)

I bought the ite-dbs02 also. Stand alone, is there a benfits having shorter ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im back, thanks Jake! You already email me, about my question

Just to say I bombarded Jake with noob questions via email yesterday and he couldn't have been more helpful and fast in getting back to me. He's a top man and I'm looking forward to doing business with him when he has the clean install kit ready end of next week.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1