Input lag and bad radio connection

Reaction score
Hi,

I have problem with connection to my old P1 bird, with a thousand flights or so since it was born. I fly it fast and brutal for fun and recently crashed really hard into a tree, found no components broken after eye inspection, only replaced the completely trashed shell, ordered another set of fresh batteries, more propellers and was ready to fly again but the bird behaves strangely. Every flight, from time to time the bird has some lag when following stick inputs, a second or two. It then can keep flying in a direction without stick input, as it had some AI, enabling it fly on its own. Quite dangerous. It also has a tendency to loose connection easily, only a two hundred meters away or so, starting to return to home. Today it was returning home and dropped from the sky suddenly, maybe it was trying to preform a previously entered stick input downwards, no idea. Oh, when I replaced the shell, the old antenna snapped off in the middle, I welded it back together and made a wrap around it, maybe that might be a problem. Would like to keep the bird alive, as it is supposed to serve as learning ground for my son and I just invested in a shell and new batteries.

What do you think guys, what could it be and what should I do next?

Thanks in advance!

When you take the shell off next time, you need to take a closer look at all the connections and inspect all components carefully. Also could have damaged the GPS but would definitely replace the antenna. Beat of luck

The bad connection is likely to be the antenna cable you butchered during the shell replacement. I would fit a new one rather than trying to repair it. Other flight issues could be a damaged IMU from the imoactvwith the tree. What are the MOD values for the IMU? Can you perform a calibration?

Thanks! I inspected them, hit battery first, became stuck high up in the tree:) I will order a new antenna and replace, see if that solves the issue. I have not calibrated and checked it for ages, as I have a Mac and no admin rights on my work Windows laptop anymore. Will look for a Windows computer among friends when back at home.

Guys, I need help in finding OEM or another suitable antena cable for the bird itself. I have searched online and can not find it. Would be very thankful for support.

The bad connection is likely to be the antenna cable you butchered during the shell replacement. I would fit a new one rather than trying to repair it. Other flight issues could be a damaged IMU from the imoactvwith the tree. What are the MOD values for the IMU? Can you perform a calibration?

I replaced the receiver module, as antenna was not sold separately. I’ve flown a dozen packs and my old bird performs flawlessly again at any distance. Thanks for support!

When you take the shell off next time, you need to take a closer look at all the connections and inspect all components carefully. Also could have damaged the GPS but would definitely replace the antenna. Beat of luck

It was the antenna, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers