In air update crashes Inspire2?

Reaction score
Hi, just read this article which said their Inspire 2 did an unauthorised over the air, in flight update and crashed the drone?

I'll post the article below.

My question is. When You update your P4 via the Go App does it copy the update file to the device the Go App device or does it copy the update file onto the SD card? Does it bypass the SD card altogether?
I'll remove the SD card next time I update to find out for myself but thought I'd ask the question.
WARNING INSPIRE 2 fell out of sky
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/warning-inspire-2-fell-out-sky-ian-lawrence

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

...Clint, mine was nearly the same.. hadn't flown my Inspire in approx 5months.. been flying the P4.. anyway the other day chg'd batt's, took it out, App Crashed, was 207ft agl, approx 1000ft dwn range.. flew back to a safe landing.. nxt day went out couldn't connect, multiple trys, finally connected and found the following msg on screen:
upload_2017-2-14_2-30-28.png

...now my Slave remote Will Not Connect and it will not update the map.. i understand bugs in sftwr, no body like them obviously, but seems to me if DJi was the least bit concerned about causing incidents they'd at least wait until the craft was on the ground, this is the 3rd time this same sort of thing has happened.. I'm not certain of the update thing.. i don't update...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews