IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Well it seems the enlarged NFZ on my little island is a permanent one and can't be over ridden, (geo unlocking isn't available in Asia yet).
I am sick to my stomach, the new regulations in Thailand mean that you can't fly within 9km of an airport, but this being Thailand there is always a lot of talk and not much doing. Unless I can find a work around I am out of business, it's not like I need to fly high, most of my photos are taken from about the same height as the house I am photographing. Almost all my work comes from within the red zone.

IMG_0005.PNG

Was a tense 24 hours or so with a ton of twists and turns. I'm glad that at the end of the day not much has changed. I figured that there was a snafu of some sort and that it would be remedied... There are far too many of us for them not to get it right. It is simply bad for business to do anything that makes your product less desirable than the competition. Figured they would work on it.

They did... Great product!!! Lots of astute people in here keeping us on top of everything.

Well it seems the enlarged NFZ on my little island is a permanent one and can't be over ridden, (geo unlocking isn't available in Asia yet).
I am sick to my stomach, the new regulations in Thailand mean that you can't fly within 9km of an airport, but this being Thailand there is always a lot of talk and not much doing. Unless I can find a work around I am out of business, it's not like I need to fly high, most of my photos are taken from about the same height as the house I am photographing. Almost all my work comes from within the red zone.

View attachment 40279
Did you go through the fix and verify that you have the refreshed restrictions? All is not lost yet.

Will Dji go 2.5 mess up zones even if the drone's firmware is 1.4? Or does it only screw things up if you are running 16 or the 1.7 beta?
Yes it will if something happens on their end. I had firmware 1.3 installed and soon after loading dji go 2.5 for IOS, I was locked out due to NFZ. So it doesn't matter what firmware you have. I wouldn't load dji go 2.5.

Yes it will if something happens on their end. I had firmware 1.3 installed and soon after loading dji go 2.5 for IOS, I was locked out due to NFZ. So it doesn't matter what firmware you have. I wouldn't load dji go 2.5.

Yeah erase that app it is evil. Grab 2,4 on your itunes and viola~ no fence.
Dont fence me in

Reactions: Apilot101
Yes NFZ zones shown by DJI App cover a lot including hospitals and other important places. Surprisingly even AMA recognized flying site is also under NFZ by DJI app :)

I can't get the total map as it limits to about 50 miles display only.

View attachment 40112

I live in Roseville/Rocklin area. There are more fly zones here than what your photo suggests!

Maverick100

Heres iOS DJI GO 2.4.3 hope it helps
will take a few minutes Just checked probably 20

Put the Droid DJI GO 2.4.3 as well

Dropbox - DJI_GO_Old Versions

Cheers
Well done and thank you as my new iMac updated everything on my iPhone and iPad even though I have auto updated disabled on the mobile devices. Have to figure out why:confused: must be the iMac settings.

Last edited:

View attachment 40279

Taling Ngam is a nice hillside to take off from!

Fantastic.. Good for you.

Reactions: AsiaFlyer
Can anyone confirm this fix on the dji forum works for firmware 1.6 with iOS 2.5 in the app:

DJI Forum|DJI GO App and Sudden NFZ's Problem

"Those that have reposted the sudden apperance of NFZ's after updating to Go App 2.5, please do the following.. It seems to have been a server issue that is now resolved..

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..

Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check."

I live in a yellow zone, so want to know below upgrading if the above fix works...

Real Nick What a freaking mess DJI has caused. I'm in the middle of this thread and others on the DJI forum. Have you gotten an answer to the above? Thanks in advance fellow pissed of P3 pilot.

Real Nick What a freaking mess DJI has caused. I'm in the middle of this thread and others on the DJI forum. Have you gotten an answer to the above? Thanks in advance fellow pissed of P3 pilot.
Yes these steps work. See my post #377

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Last edited:
Almost think the thread name should be changed to reflect the problem is fixed.

Reactions: Mike Drone7

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor